Home

Auto Sprint/Auto Strafe

This is a discussion on Auto Sprint/Auto Strafe within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #17
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Auto Sprint/Auto Strafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
dumb question but how do i turn them off?
In the 'controls' under settings in the pause menu I believe. That's just off memory don't quote me.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsideAdmiral
I roll with this too.

Until last night I got my d sanded off by some kid online because every time I would get my RB to the outside he would just start crawling up the field even though he had daylight. It's like the game wasn't registering that I was pulling right trigger for speed.

Yes getting your WR's turned around is extremely difficult this year. Hell even DB's. In past year's I would average about 5-6 user picks per game just on deep passes turning my defender around and getting under the ball circle. This year they do like a 3/4 turn and try to Willie Mays it.

So IDK what I'm doing yet. Hopefully a patch comes out for the first one. That's by far the worst and needs fixed ASAP.

Maybe they intended this for the purpose you stated in bold letters. No reason why anybody should have 5-6 user picks a game. I always thought it was to easy to pick the passes off. Now it feels more realistic
Old 07-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #19
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I always thought auto-sprint was more of an 'anolog' type control. Meaning when you press it all the way in one direction, the player will "sprint" at his top speed. If you don't press it all the way in a direction, he is supposed to run a little slower. Maybe it doesn't work like this though...
That's what I thought
Old 07-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9
That's what I thought
If that was the case then it would not be called auto because you can still control the speed

Auto is that regardless if you press turbo or not the game decides the speed you run at depending on situation.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #21
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

I have a question, if auto sprint is on dose the sprint button on the controller do anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #22
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4

i turn off auto sprint because i like having complete control of my player.

i've also heard a rumor that once your player goes into "sprint mode" it automatically causes defenders to get off their blocks quicker, so i like to be in control of that as well.

tbh i leave auto-strafe on because i suck at controlling defenders and i usually only control the dline anyway so it's not as big of a deal for me.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
If that was the case then it would not be called auto because you can still control the speed

Auto is that regardless if you press turbo or not the game decides the speed you run at depending on situation.
No, it's analog, and you can try it out in-game yourself. It's a Madden feature that made its way over to NCAA, and the Madden guys did a blog about this when they first put it in a couple years ago. If you want to run half speed, push the stick at halfway up...

I leave it on because it does a better job of taking the acceleration ratings into account.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

can you turn them off for online play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »