Home

Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

This is a discussion on Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #249
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I'm playing on AA default sliders for now.

I've thrown at least 4 INTs a game.

I rarely can complete a bomb. I actually laugh at people who even call 4 Verticals because that's been the biggest cheese play in all of EA Sports football titles.

I don't even bother with that.

I tend to get about 3 INTs a game on defense.

Looking for some good sliders. Any suggestions for my issues?
I know what you mean man.. when it's 3rd and 5.. I'm thinking RUN on this game.. that's how bad passing is. the medium passing game is impossible on this game.. the only success I've had is using TE's.. but who wants to do that all the time on a videogame? #1 WR's get so much attention that I can't even be productive with them unless it's a deep ball user catch. the passing defense by the CPU is insane... the only hope you have is the vertical play... and even then ur WR will most likely drop it or the QB will overthrow it.

jetpack Linebackers, super god Safeties, and DB's that catch over the shoulder INT's ala Willie Mays style... thanks EA.

Last edited by aga11ah; 07-17-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #250
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I wouldn't know because no matter who I use my OL is sieve on AA or Heisman. I never have enough time to let my WRs get that deep down the field.
use your blocking hot routes.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 4

Finally got to play my first game today and am seeing the same issues. CPU locks down the underneath routes and gets routinely blown up by the long ball, which is oddly reminiscent of the passing game problems with NCAA 06.

Ran a test game as Wash St (me) vs Washington (CPU) on Heisman, default everything but Game Speed (slow) on 7 minute Qtrs. My QB stats: 11-26 for 394 yds, 0 TDs, 4 INTs. 3 of the picks came from trying to force the deep throw. Ran ZERO "Verticals" plays and never used 5 wides on any play. Won 37-34 as the CPU piled up tons of offense by mostly throwing underneath and running the football.

Honestly, this game would be just about perfect with a patch (or slider settings) to help the CPU lock down the deep ball. The CPU finally doesn't suck running the ball and calls a pretty good game overall. I can implement house rules to avoid exploiting the CPU, but it's hard to intentionally NOT go deep on 3rd and long. If this is playing the same online, I can't imagine the cheesing and spamming of 4 verts that must be going on already.

i really hope someone comes up with a fix for this soon...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #252
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Yes, I have found this does help, as it should.

I think I just got lazy in not using them because I really didn't need to often in years past.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #253
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I also remedied this by varying my counts at the line. Used to just be on the first or second hut every time (which was all you needed in every previous version of NCAA), once I started going up to 4-5 and really mixing it up I was good to go.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #254
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

After my first 8 games on AA and being very frustrated with the game, I played two games tonight on Varsity. The game played Much better. My offense was pretty realistic against the cpu defense. The cpu offense was ok but I will need to adjust the sliders a little bit to give the cpu a little more offensive production.

On Varsity this game seems to play much more realistic, at least for me. Both games tonight I picked opponents that were pretty much equal, and will continue to do so while work on the sliders. It played so much better for me tonight though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »