Home

Anybody use run/pass commit?

This is a discussion on Anybody use run/pass commit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Anybody use run/pass commit?

I've used it a few times and it works when you guess right. But guess wrong and you're toast!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anybody use run/pass commit?

I use pass commit the majority of the time.. and I almost never choose a run commit.. If I suspect a run, then I just dont choose. Dont want to run the risk of getting beaten on a PA. "Bend but don't break." Thats my style of defense.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

I hate to be the dumb one here, but what the heck is the run/pass commit and how do you utilize it? This is one thing that I have never figured out...
Old 07-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I use it in obvious situations, such as 3rd and 15. I'm less inclined to use run commit.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
I hate to be the dumb one here, but what the heck is the run/pass commit and how do you utilize it? This is one thing that I have never figured out...
On Defense before the ball is hiked, hold the L2 or LT button and then, if you have the assist thing on, then you will see the option to press up for pass, or left/right/middle run commit depending on which way you think the offense will run the ball.

Edit: You use the right stick if I remember... haha I use it but dont remember what I press.

Last edited by MagicMan1315; 07-14-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: addition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Aph0ticShield's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I use pass commit the majority of the time.. and I almost never choose a run commit.. If I suspect a run, then I just dont choose. Dont want to run the risk of getting beaten on a PA. "Bend but don't break." Thats my style of defense.
This.

It is especially useful if you blitz. Commit to the pass and press the backs before they can escape the pocket.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
On Defense before the ball is hiked, hold the L2 or LT button and then, if you have the assist thing on, then you will see the option to press up for pass, or left/right/middle run commit depending on which way you think the offense will run the ball.

Edit: You use the right stick if I remember... haha I use it but dont remember what I press.
Much appreciated...
Old 07-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aph0ticShield
This.

It is especially useful if you blitz. Commit to the pass and press the backs before they can escape the pocket.
Yea.. I actually do blitz quite a bit. I run the 4-2-5... and ideally I like sending 6 and having 5 in man-to-man coverage. Problem is.. I play as Texas Tech and my DBs arent exactly the best athletes in the world

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »