Home

Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set?

This is a discussion on Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #49
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not for me, I'm using a 7.1 THX surround sound system that set me back nearly $4,000...so I think I've got the hardware aspect covered..
Same system but with infinity speakers. Like I said, if it sounds like crap on mine then it must really suck on a lesser system. Maybe that is the problem, they didn't take into account 7.1 and above.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #50
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlux
Well for me a workaround I have been doing is completely turning down the commentary and listening only to the crowd noise and it sounds ALOTbetter. Check out the link to my youtube vid to see what I am talking about. You hear more variations of crowd emotions as well as the crowd gradually getting louder on big plays.

http://youtu.be/oh5Y0JorGPM?t=6m50s
Wow, that sounds incredible actually. I didn't even know there were any boo's in the game at all, and I've been listening for them as well, still needs to be more though, like after the D blows a big play, or the O goes 3 and out. The way the crowd gets louder on that big run is just awesome though.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Well for me a workaround I have been doing is completely turning down the commentary and listening only to the crowd noise and it sounds ALOTbetter. Check out the link to my youtube vid to see what I am talking about. You hear more variations of crowd emotions as well as the crowd gradually getting louder on big plays.

That sounds absolutley amazing and defintley an improvement over the queitness we see. What i have been doing is pumping in artificial crowd noise with custom stadium sounds sounds better. Im starting to think it might be the larger stadiums, because i played Michigan last night and the crowd was defenitley louder than say TCU dont know if that has any impact on it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Same system but with infinity speakers. Like I said, if it sounds like crap on mine then it must really suck on a lesser system. Maybe that is the problem, they didn't take into account 7.1 and above.
Yeah man good point, now that I think about it tonight I'm going to try other sound modes out and see if any others sound better..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 20

Playing @ Northwestern right now, and it's nowhere near as loud as the vid I posted. Clearly different stadiums have different atmospheres, because, yeah, this sounds like a high school game.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #54
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

The issue is 100% the volume as well as the crowd just sounding flat out dead. The volume for the entire game is way too "low" from the moment you boot the game up. I normally leave my volume on 57-54 for ALL XBOX 360 games, yet for NCAA 12 I have to turn it up to 43 just to hear the commentary and everything else. This is glaringly evident, and I just don't see how people can gloss over this or say "adjust your surround sound settings". I haven't had to do that with any other XBOX 360 games, now all of the sudden NCAA 12 comes around and their sound is so high-tech that I have to reconfigure my entire surround sound system just to fit it?

No. The entire game's sound is too low (even after turning up all of the volume sliders in-game) and the crowd sounds dead and lifeless most of the time. I have to turn my volume up so loud just to hear anything in NCAA 12 that the friend notification (when people sign in to XBOX Live) actually startles me. That's a problem.

Period.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 07-18-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

That does sound much, much better. Can you post all of your sliders for the sound?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
... I just don't see how people can gloss over this or say "adjust your surround sound settings".
Scope the vid I posted? Post #44? That's how. And another point: there seems to be two arguments being made: the first is that the game's overall volume is too low, which is unarguably a fact; but the second is that the crowd sucks as a general rule - doesn't react to things, is dead, etc. - and I clearly think that can be disputed, as I believe both mrlux and I have demonstrated.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 07-18-2011 at 08:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »