Home

Air Coryell Offense (making a playbook)

This is a discussion on Air Coryell Offense (making a playbook) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Air Coryell Offense (making a playbook)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntom2000
After reading about this air raid/ground pound offense using short to long routes and running the rock to eat the clock and getting deep at anytime in a fast pace flow (no huddle?). I thought this would be the perfect offense for my huskers and it fits my style of offense very well. Can anyone give the formations or sets I would have to have to run this offense and make it in a custom playbook?

Thanks,

John

You're finding two different philosophies for a passing attack.

Air Raid is more of a spread it out and pick your way down the field. It uses a short to intermediate passing game to substitute for running the ball.

The vertical passing game of Coryell is looking to score on a high percentage of passing plays.

Not to say that you can't combine the two philosophies, because you can make it what you want of course.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
You're finding two different philosophies for a passing attack.

Air Raid is more of a spread it out and pick your way down the field. It uses a short to intermediate passing game to substitute for running the ball.

The vertical passing game of Coryell is looking to score on a high percentage of passing plays.

Not to say that you can't combine the two philosophies, because you can make it what you want of course.
i run alot of shallow cross plays and fade plays.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #11
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntom2000
i run alot of shallow cross plays and fade plays.
I'm sure the Air Raid playbook will serve you well. The Air Raid "philosophy" deals with shorter passes much of the time so you may not find as many deep routes to your liking in the default set-up.

You can grab some deeper fade routes and plug it into a custom playbook and you should be golden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #12
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

Ya basically I run with burkehead with dual hb's like a 2 back system and use my fb in the I. I also run alot of flex formations in the gun to take full access with the dive plays.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

If you run two backs, then definitely use the shotgun Split formations (especially the Shotgun - Split Offset) and then just formation sub your 2nd string HB in for the FB. Its what I do as TTU and it works wonders.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
If you run two backs, then definitely use the shotgun Split formations (especially the Shotgun - Split Offset) and then just formation sub your 2nd string HB in for the FB. Its what I do as TTU and it works wonders.
ya i use split twins and split offset in my custom playbook. Basically I use the flex formations from the gun for the dives and trips te, pistol ace and spread.

Last edited by johntom2000; 07-15-2011 at 04:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »