Home

DL: Conservative // 10 Offsides

This is a discussion on DL: Conservative // 10 Offsides within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3
DL: Conservative // 10 Offsides

Playing Michigan.

All DL were 80 AWR or above.

I finished with -250 sportsmanship, despite punting on 4th down and everything else all the time.

I jumped offsides 10 times, for 50 yards. "Jumped", of course. Had myself on Balanced for the first three, but after that, put myself to conservative.

I tried the 1-5-5, 3-3-5, anything else to get the DL off the line even. Probably jumped but got back onside another 6 or 7 times.

Is this common? Its the first person in 5 games I've had this happen with.

The worst thing? I was the home team. Despite pumping the crowd up over and over, his OL never jumped ... not even once.

Was playing vs Michigan & Denard Robinson.

Ironically, I finished with 78 skill points for the game, vs 28 his.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DL: Conservative // 10 Offsides

Hard Counts are very effective as far as I can tell so far. I have been able to draw the DL offside 3-6 times per game in my last three games
Old 07-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMG
Hard Counts are very effective as far as I can tell so far. I have been able to draw the DL offside 3-6 times per game in my last three games
I agree that they're pretty effective, but it sucks if you're the home team and you can't seem to combat it. Setting your line play to conservative should neutralize the offsides penalties. That's the trade-off that's supposed to happen. Your line plays more conservatively and may not make it into the opposing backfield as much, but they are less liable to jump offsides.

(I'm not saying you don't already know this. I just agree that the hard count seems to be much more effective this year.)
Old 07-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, I haven't played online yet and the AI doesn't do it much so I haven't been getting drawn offside at all. But that sucks if it happens that much while using conservative for the DL.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, its unfortunate but its been in online play. Playing in an 80K stadium, while subbing out anyone with bad awareness so you have worse players, but smarter ones ... unfortunate, especially when its not going even 3:1 for offsides:false starts. Wondering if anyone else has ran into this online. Hope this was one of the rare occasions.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »