Home

This game just frustrated me to the point of quitting.

This is a discussion on This game just frustrated me to the point of quitting. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:01 AM   #9
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: This game just frustrated me to the point of quitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
Defense is pretty solid this year as far as I can tell... You actually have to read it this year... It's just easier to rush than it is to read the defense to open up a good passing game...
Defense is tough but broken. The CPU is always in perfect position with the current patch. Try the game without the patch and with the patch. Before the patch the Ai played normal. After the patch the AI know where the WR is going before he goes there.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

First tip, learn to read coverages. I've always been reading coverages with NCAA Football. Before '12, I threw interceptions to open receivers because of warping, etc., whatever. Every interception I've thrown in '12 can be accounted to me making a bad read (or balls effected by defensive linemen).

Second tip, pump fake.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:12 AM   #11
Rookie

irishdevil15's Arena

OVR: 1

I really don't know what you are talking about. So far, I love the gameplay of NCAA 12. I'm not even that great of a player, I'd say average (playing on Heisman level) and though it can be frustrating, especially doing a dynasty with Washington St, I love the challenge this game brings to the table. Just have to take your time and get the feeling of the game and I think you should be fine. That's just me though, to each their own...
San Diego Chargers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yep, just read the coverage and don't force a pass. Pretty much all of my int's are from me panicking and throwing it to a WR because I am pressured. If no one is open within your first few reads, either scramble for yards, throw it away, or buy some more time by stepping up or rolling out if pressure is coming from the backside.

― Plato
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 AM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yep, just read the coverage and don't force a pass. Pretty much all of my int's are from me panicking and throwing it to a WR because I am pressured. If no one is open within your first few reads, either scramble for yards, throw it away, or buy some more time by stepping up or rolling out if pressure is coming from the backside.
Yup. You can't force passes like you could in previous versions. You have to know when to give up on a play and either check down or throw the ball away.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #14
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yup. You can't force passes like you could in previous versions. You have to know when to give up on a play and either check down or throw the ball away.
This is fantastic analysis. Its also 100% spot on. There are throws that in years past you could get away with that you can't anymore. Pre-snap reads are so crucial. In most cases the pre-snap movement can give you a clue as to what to expect, blitz, cover 2 or 3.

If you make a bad pass do some "film study" look back at the replay and see where you were fooled and who was open and what the coverage was vs what you thought it was.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: This game just frustrated me to the point of quitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I love the fact you have to earn your wins now and you pay for your mistakes and carelessness. As for the folks who don't see immediate easy results in the game, or find quick exploits, please do go sell your game. You are most likely the exact type of player I am trying to avoid playing online..
Thankyou! I could not agree more. Thats why you have practice mode. Imo this is the best NCAA of date. I love the fact that guys actually have to learn pass coverages I love the the defense actually play defense I love the fact you have to know when to throw the ball when defenders are looking off! EA in the past has made it to easy for people. Finally glad to see you have to earn your wins and know the game of football! If Madden is anywhere close its going to be a very enjoyable season! Thanks EA for finally catching on PEACE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Am I the only one who gets happier each time someone complains about passing being too hard?

NCAA 12 actually forces you to read the defence. The CPU has yet to get a 'BS' pick, on 11 there was one almost every game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »