Home

Fixing Progression via Coaching Prestige

This is a discussion on Fixing Progression via Coaching Prestige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #57
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Fixing Progression via Coaching Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinwhitaker11
Voodoo_magic do you still have your edited coach prestige roster online or does anyone else have one I can download? Thanks.
I have his. Chedapalooza988
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #58
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate123
So, one of the biggest problems out of the box this year is obvious: coaching prestige progression. Coaches progress very easily and it can lead to an incredible amount of A+ coaches. On its own, it wouldn’t be a big issue, but since it is tied to player progression, the talent inflation from the default roster becomes problem.

In hopes to solve this issue, I’ve rerated every coach’s prestige. I subtracted 25 from all head coach’s prestige, and 50 from all coordinator’s prestige (the best HC started at 74, best coordinator started at 49).

So far I’ve simmed 4 years (first year of all generated players) and recorded both HC prestige, and team overalls to compare to the base roster to see if there is a significant increase.

I’ve saved each season as a separate dynasty, so if a lot of people want to see more data, I can look at each season retroactively to collect it.
can u explain how u did this? i would like to change the ratings of coaches to keep the talent more realistic. my qb in dynasty is 94 overall but is only the 13th best qb in the game....im calling bull on that in real life. way too many players rated highly
Old 07-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I have his. Chedapalooza988

It says you dont have a valid ea locker account?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
can u explain how u did this? i would like to change the ratings of coaches to keep the talent more realistic. my qb in dynasty is 94 overall but is only the 13th best qb in the game....im calling bull on that in real life. way too many players rated highly
Yeah, you go to team management on the main menu and then move right a couple icons to where it says edit coaches. Then you can edit them from there.

You can't do it within an existing dynasty, however, so you'd have to restart your dynasty to make the changes.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #61
Rookie

The GOAT 1988's Arena

so how are recruits coming in? especially in comparison to the base roster? i wonder if they are coming in higher and progressing to a higher level than the original roster players. also i know it sounds absurd, but have you done A+ prestige for all coaches to see how progression reacts. i just wonder if there is something other than coach prestige that is affecting player progression. i might try some of this testing myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #62
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GOAT 1988
so how are recruits coming in? especially in comparison to the base roster? i wonder if they are coming in higher and progressing to a higher level than the original roster players. also i know it sounds absurd, but have you done A+ prestige for all coaches to see how progression reacts. i just wonder if there is something other than coach prestige that is affecting player progression. i might try some of this testing myself
I played through a season with Bama. I recruited only 4* & 5* players to see how they compared with the FR on bamas default roster. Bamas default roster has 3 4* WR's rated as 71 & 72 OVRs. I signed 3 4* WR's in my first class and their OVR's were from 76-78. Out of 20 signees, 76OVR was the lowest rated 4* I signed and 78OVR was the lowest rated 5* I signed. So IMO, the default roster is busted in terms of FR on the roster vs cpu generated recruits. One of the biggest differences I noticed was AWR rating. All 3 of the FR 4* WR's on the default roster had AWR ratings in the 40's. All 3 of the 4* WR recruits had AWR ratings in the 60's.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #63
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

here's a thought for a fix to the issue of too many A coaches. after simming threw mulitple seasons i notice the HC takes all the blame when a team losses and usually after a few seasons drop down from A to D. the problem is that the OC/DC looks like they are not dropping down in prestige too.

so a team like florida who goes 7-6 year 1, 6-7 year 2, 5-8 year 3 will get fired and drop in prestige, but the OC or DC would is still an A gets hired as the HC. i still need to do some more observation on this. if florida is losing because they are givining up too many points than the DC should take a big hit to the prestige as well as the OC taking a small hit because overall the team is not winning. i think that winning/losing should play a bigger part of the OC/DC's prestige.

just my 2 cents. can someone else look into this with me?
National Champions 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019

Old 07-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #64
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

I have edited all coaches and coordinators to zero prestige. I think I am going to edit coach sliders too to get the correct run-pass%. When that is done, I can upload the file online if there is interest.

I'm on Xbox btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »