Home

RTG gameplay is such a disappointment

This is a discussion on RTG gameplay is such a disappointment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: RTG gameplay is such a disappointment

Every EA employee that worked on NCAA's RTG mode should be fired and replaced with 2k's NBA My Player dev team.

RTG has so much potential to be a great mode, but it's fatally hampered by poor development choices and tedious gameplay.

Oh well.. can't say I expected a masterpiece from EA Sports, even after all the hype.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

you have to set up your own sliders and level of play inside RTG they dont carry over from the main page.....So if you have not went into RTG sliders then you are playing on default out of box.....yeah hard leason i learned
Old 07-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Ok now RTG's MODE was overhauled but what really needs to be overhauled is the RTG GAMEPLAY. Everything from the SIM menu that sims a play in less with only 5 seconds running off between each play. Custom Quarters need to be unlocked. The #1 problem I am seeing too is the playcalling. There is NEVER a flipped play all runs are to the right unless the play is a counter or a sprint. The thing that really bugs me is I was just up by 2 with less than a minute left in the game and my opponents had no timeouts left. Instead of kneeling we are running the ball AND the QB does not let the clock run he snaps it as soon as he is under center. This is a HUGE problem that may cost me a win one day.

Now I love the improvements to the mode itself but this feature still is way behind because of the limited and ugly gameplay. I don't think anyone needs to be fired but they do need to rethink some things.

EDIT: Also another problem with playcalling is my team who has a balanced offense only calls about 5 different pass plays. That gets old.

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 07-17-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
I was super siked for this mode, I've played RTG every year but this year it is just not fun. Now I really need to give it more of a chance for the college part but I was looking forward to replaying my senior season but there are so many bugs/AI issues that I just can't get through a season. I tried to play as a RB and SS but every possession I get taken out on 3rd downs on both sides, I also rarely play 2 plays in a row on offense and when I do it seems that is the play the defense is stacked for the run. I'm finishing games with 10-15 carries which is worse than last year. And without custom quarter lengths I don't see how it will be any better in college.

Also I don't know if it's just me but my RB (balanced) is barely faster than the LBs, and I can not out run DBs unless they take a bad angle. I've tried lowering the difficulty but that doesn't help that much either, it is honestly harder for me to run in high school than it is in a regular game in Dynasty which is even more frustrating. I'm not sure if it is because our players start out at a lower overall rating and build during the season? I have no idea but I am getting recruited by good schools now and my stats are not that impressive.

I really don't want to give up on this mode but I just don't understand why I am suppose to be a big time recruit but split carries with another RB in HS, and this is with the fatigue turned off. It's also bad that every game has a crowd the size of a JV game. I am thinking about giving QB a try but I was really looking forward to playing RB/SS but it just isn't fun for me. Like I said I don't want to give up on this but I really need some words of encouragement from somebody.
Really? You don't find the RTG this year funner then the last installments? I think the mode is a ton better now. And you aren't a top recruit going into the season, you're a one star. Playcalling has gotten a ton better once I've gotten into college. I'm not saying it doesn't need work but its MUCH improved from the last few installments
Old 07-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13

RTG Gameplay is terrible. I would agree that Dynasty is solid, online play is solid. But I bought this game for the RTG hype train and it is bad.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
Rookie

I am usually just a guy who goes and picks my favorite teams, and play single games. I tried out the RTG this year after hearing about some of the features. Sometimes when I see complaints, I wonder if I am playing the same game? I started as a HB, and have progressed and had some wonderful realistic games. I have really learned how to run the ball through the practice portion of the game, and I have great stats. I won the Heisman my sophomore year. I achieved a #1 ranking and then was knocked out by Illinois in a brutal game at Illinois. (I am using Penn State BTW). I am not saying that everyone else is wrong in this thread, I am just having a blast playing with RTG so far.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmLikeABomb
I am usually just a guy who goes and picks my favorite teams, and play single games. I tried out the RTG this year after hearing about some of the features. Sometimes when I see complaints, I wonder if I am playing the same game? I started as a HB, and have progressed and had some wonderful realistic games. I have really learned how to run the ball through the practice portion of the game, and I have great stats. I won the Heisman my sophomore year. I achieved a #1 ranking and then was knocked out by Illinois in a brutal game at Illinois. (I am using Penn State BTW). I am not saying that everyone else is wrong in this thread, I am just having a blast playing with RTG so far.
I forgot to add it is frustrating when you can't choose a play, but I guess if you are playing a position and not a coach that is how football is really played. It is better after unlocking legend because you can change a certain amount of plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
Every EA employee that worked on NCAA's RTG mode should be fired and replaced with 2k's NBA My Player dev team.

RTG has so much potential to be a great mode, but it's fatally hampered by poor development choices and tedious gameplay.

Oh well.. can't say I expected a masterpiece from EA Sports, even after all the hype.
Haha...have you actually played My Player in NBA 2k11? Because I see no way you could say this with a straight face if you had. 2k11's My Player is a disaster in nearly every single aspect. Totally worthless teammates (bc of atrocious AI), the inability to call plays unless your a PG regardless of your role on the team, completely horrible GM decisions every single time, literally no offseason or any contracts for your player in any form, and regardless of what position you play...your team will only run 30-40% of the plays for you AT MOST regardless of how good you are. Add all of this to some of the worst player model, tattoo, and shoe choices...and the entire mode is a total mess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »