Home

RTG gameplay is such a disappointment

This is a discussion on RTG gameplay is such a disappointment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
EA needs to copy MLB the show RTTS feature for the RTG section, it's the best out there now in creating your own player in relation to on and off the field features.
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 07-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: RTG gameplay is such a disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006
Really? You don't find the RTG this year funner then the last installments? I think the mode is a ton better now. And you aren't a top recruit going into the season, you're a one star. Playcalling has gotten a ton better once I've gotten into college. I'm not saying it doesn't need work but its MUCH improved from the last few installments

No, no I think it is much improved but the gameplay is off, from playcalling to a few other AI issues. Now I have just gotten to college and will say it is MUCH more fun. But I was disappointed in the high school part.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:25 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
No, no I think it is much improved but the gameplay is off, from playcalling to a few other AI issues. Now I have just gotten to college and will say it is MUCH more fun. But I was disappointed in the high school part.
Yeah, I will agree, high school playcalling was atrocious. I do agree that custom quarter lengths need to be added.

On another note, I do believe they need to make this mode more like RttS as that is the best one out there. Madden needs to do the same with SS
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Yes every one of the be a pro modes or whatever they are each called could take a cue from The Shows Road to the Show mode, it is by far the best mode out there as far as RPG/sports game hybrids are concerned. Though I haven't play the NHL game in a minute so their might be good too.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 07-18-2011, 04:58 AM   #21
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

All the BAP modes could be much better, but everyone that is suggesting EA model their BAP after RTTS is correct. RTTS is the only BAP mode that I seem to play quite a bit of and not fizzle out on.

The playcalling does get a LOT better when you're done with hs. There are still a lot of WTF moments, but you can quickly deal with those as your coach trust goes up and you can change plays.

There are a lot of things that could be added to Road to Glory to make it better. I think it would be pretty awesome to do the whole road to the draft thing. Combine, Pro Days, Senior Bowl, etc. and then tie it into a revamped SS mode That right there would add loads more replay value and would probably make a good amount of people buy Madden as well.

Training mini-games are always fun too. I remember there was a football game (Madden I think?) that you could create a prospect for the draft, but you actually had to run through the combine mini-games, the better you did, the better the player. I loved doing that, but then again, I don't think I was very old at the time, haha.

Other stupid little lifestyle things would add to the mode(s)....picking a better dorm room, buying a house (Madden), etc, would also add to it.

And my last gripe, why in gods green earth did they take out the RTG reports with Erin Andrews and Herby? They already had that stuff done and programmed, and I think most people found it fairly entertaining, why take it out?

Bottom line, no company has really scratched the surface of the potential that BAP modes have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #22
Rookie

AsTheSparrow's Arena

OVR: 0

I created a power HB and didn't have any problems with his speed. This is on AA difficulty. I find he may be a little too fast even. I can easily outrun everyone but the corners. I call 6 or 7 hurry up plays a game to make sure I get 20 carries minimum.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #23
Rookie

Wow. Simply horrendous play calling logic.

Just reloaded my RTG QB and played one game. It's all I could manage before giving up today.

I had the ball on the opponent's 40 yd line. My team's down by 6 points with about 90 seconds left in the game. I'm only just a starter, so I can't change plays.

Instead of calling passing plays to manage the clock and gain more yardage, the AI decides I should run the ball every play. I can' audible yet, so I'm forced to run the ball every play, and my team loses. This was a SEC rivalry game, and my coaching staff just threw in the towel it seems.. If this actually happened in a real game, the entire coaching staff would be fired for incompetency.

I don't even mind losing. I just want the loss to feel legitimate and realistic.

Something must be done to improve the flawed play calling AI logic.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #24
Rookie

I"m doing one as a dt. year 2 we are 11-0 and have a game against arky for the sec championship. as a soph I hold the ncaa career sack record, my guy is just dominant, and I never worry about plays. MY sole puprose, seek and destroy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »