Home

Shout out to GATORDUKIE

This is a discussion on Shout out to GATORDUKIE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Shout out to GATORDUKIE

Hello. I'm an NCAA Football 12 developer and am looking into this bug right now. In order to help me get a fix for this bug, I need some more info from everyone who is encountering it. So far, all I know is that the bug happens after Press Start, likely during the time period when the game is loading save files. Also, people are able to get around the crash by disconnecting their HDD or by booting the game while logged out of their profile. Both of those methods avoid loading save files, so my current theory is that this crash is save file related.

This is the info I need from people who are getting this crash:

1. Have you downloaded any roster files? If so, which ones?
2. Have you downloaded any TeamBuilder teams? If so, which ones? Were they new NCAA12 TB teams, or where they TB teams from a previous year's game?
3. Have you edited any players, depth charts, or coaches? Essentially, did you locally change your roster file? If so, what did you do?
4. Did you make any changes to your NCAA12 profile?
5. If you are still getting the crash right now, list the names of all the NCAA12 files you have saved on your storage device.
6. I noticed that some people said they booted the game the first time and didn't get the crash, then booted the game another time and did get the crash. It would be really useful to know what files you changed between when you did get the crash and didn't get the crash.
7. If someone is currently getting this crash and is willing to lose some saved data, there is one thing you can do that will really help me track down this issue. Go into the list of NCAA12 files on your hard drive, pick one and write down its name, delete it, boot the game, and then see if you get the crash. Repeat those steps until you don't get the crash. The last file you deleted will be the one causing the problem. Let me know what that file was.

Thanks everyone for your help in tracking this bug down!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I turned off espn radio and haven't had anymore problems.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

I was having the same problems, it happened 2 days in a row for me. Basically what you said I went to my harddrive files and deleted everything but my online pass. But i transferred my online dynasty to a memory card also. Then I transferred it back to my HD after I was done deleting files.

It worked. I may have a theory don't know though, I was saving my online dynasty everytime you know where it says you will overwrite the file. Well I stopped saving that and it hasn't been a problem since. Also
I'm on 360.. By the way.

That's just my two cents...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volz4lif3
I was having the same problems, it happened 2 days in a row for me. Basically what you said I went to my harddrive files and deleted everything but my online pass. But i transferred my online dynasty to a memory card also. Then I transferred it back to my HD after I was done deleting files.

It worked. I may have a theory don't know though, I was saving my online dynasty everytime you know where it says you will overwrite the file. Well I stopped saving that and it hasn't been a problem since. Also
I'm on 360.. By the way.

That's just my two cents...
Other than the dynasty file, do you know what other saved files you deleted?
Old 07-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

Not by chance I don't I deleted the July default rosters, and kept my rosters I downloaded from Fairdale Kings. Sorry hope it helps some.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #14
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobzimusPrime
Hello. I'm an NCAA Football 12 developer and am looking into this bug right now. In order to help me get a fix for this bug, I need some more info from everyone who is encountering it. So far, all I know is that the bug happens after Press Start, likely during the time period when the game is loading save files. Also, people are able to get around the crash by disconnecting their HDD or by booting the game while logged out of their profile. Both of those methods avoid loading save files, so my current theory is that this crash is save file related.

This is the info I need from people who are getting this crash:

1. Have you downloaded any roster files? If so, which ones?
2. Have you downloaded any TeamBuilder teams? If so, which ones? Were they new NCAA12 TB teams, or where they TB teams from a previous year's game?
3. Have you edited any players, depth charts, or coaches? Essentially, did you locally change your roster file? If so, what did you do?
4. Did you make any changes to your NCAA12 profile?
5. If you are still getting the crash right now, list the names of all the NCAA12 files you have saved on your storage device.
6. I noticed that some people said they booted the game the first time and didn't get the crash, then booted the game another time and did get the crash. It would be really useful to know what files you changed between when you did get the crash and didn't get the crash.
7. If someone is currently getting this crash and is willing to lose some saved data, there is one thing you can do that will really help me track down this issue. Go into the list of NCAA12 files on your hard drive, pick one and write down its name, delete it, boot the game, and then see if you get the crash. Repeat those steps until you don't get the crash. The last file you deleted will be the one causing the problem. Let me know what that file was.

Thanks everyone for your help in tracking this bug down!
Excuse me if I seem redundant, but could you also look into the general freezing bug during games and menus(like recruiting?). The game is great and fun to play, squashing this bug would be great
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #15
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Excuse me if I seem redundant, but could you also look into the general freezing bug during games and menus(like recruiting?). The game is great and fun to play, squashing this bug would be great
Don't worry, we're aware of that issue and have other people looking into it. Personally, I'm just looking into this crash, the crash right after Press Start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #16
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobzimusPrime
Don't worry, we're aware of that issue and have other people looking into it. Personally, I'm just looking into this crash, the crash right after Press Start.
Sounds good DobzimusPrime. Little leary to start playing my Dynasty non stop with the freezing issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »