Home

Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

This is a discussion on Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

11) If you get a "X2" bonus, always just Pitch. A pitch will always earn more than a Sway/Ask, and I do not believe Compares get the bonus, along with Scholarships and Guarentees.

You still get the bonus for comparing. It shows up on the top and recap.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Slider2
I've been getting 10 or so top 100 prospects with one star WMU in the first year, the way I do it is I don't add anybody to my recruiting board in the pre season, then in week one I search for 4* recruits and find the one with a pink diamond next to their head, this will only show up in the more info. Then I offer that player a scholarship that will bump them up around 5 spots. Then in week 2 I go through the top 100 and find any prospects that are still top 10 and don't have a scholarship offer. Then I offer scholarship and recruit 1 hour per week per player. Keep doing this every week and eventually filter down to 4*s. Tip: this only works in the regular season, in the offseason it is a bit harder because there are less recruits. That is when you want to fill your needs and bulk up on 2 and 3 stars and follow the advice above.

What level are you recruiting on?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestKJ
1. Aggressively recruit 10-15 players at a time

2. Turn off all recruiting assistance options

3. Like someone said, target players who have you on top or near the top.

4. Use the under 100 rule. Even if you're out of the top 3, you can still go after guys if you are only less than 100 points behind the top school.

5. In the first week, I usually go after guys who have me on top and offer them right away. Many times you can get guys who commit on the spot. That will take a load off to focus on other recruits.

6. You need to actively remove guys who you think you have no shot of

7. Replace those guys, with (1) recruits who are not far along in their recruiting and (2) recruits who don't have an offer and you have a realistic shot of getting.

8. I use the Recruiting Advisor and Pipeline add-ons. Why? It's realistic to have "insiders" who have the inside track on certain recruits. And it doesn't always help. The Pipeline add-on is realistic because certain HC's in real life have certain areas where they specialize in getting good talent.

9. You may not get a bunch of 5 stars, but if you are getting more 4 stars interested every year then you are making good progress. What is your prestige rating and all your other school ratings? Those play a huge factor as well.
This, plus keep an eye on where the recruit is on your board. If you really want a 5* keep him at #1 I've noticed it to make a difference. Pipelines are a big bonus. If someone doesnt have you in a Top 10 you have no chance so just move along to the next guy.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok, I've been playing NCAA for a bunch of years, but apparently I've never gotten recruiting at all. There is some advice I've read that doesn't make sense to me, and it's probably because I don't understand the fundamentals of how recruiting works. I've seen people say to only put 10-15 recruits on the board and only recruit more after the season. I've also seen people say to not remove recruits that sign with another school. None of that makes sense to me. Generally, I fill my board and offer everyone a scholarship. I'm guessing that's the wrong thing to do. Please help.

Last edited by IkeV; 07-18-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #21
Rookie

Doesn't sound like you need better recruits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Some noob questions because this is the first NCAA I've gotten in a long time...

How do you see the recruit attributes?

Is it really pointless to try to recruit guys who don't have you in the Top 10? I wanted to be Rutgers and try to lockdown NJ and NY, which means going after 4 stars who aren't initially interested.

Is it important to unlock how important a recruiting category is? That was the first thing I used to do on the old ones. But this system is different obviously. So what's the best way to go about it, out of all the options you have during the call?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
1) Only recruit players who have your school in the top 10.

2) Fill your board. Go after needs first. Then look where you are weak or where you have Juniors. Always safe to have your next starter be a sophmore or RS Freshman rather than true Freshman.

3) Focus on your top 15 or so. Once you build a considerable lead, say 500 or so points, move down the line. Start recruiting the others.

4) Remove anybody who gets more than 200 above you and has a scholarship offer. You will have very little chance.

5) Sometime around say week 6 after your board has wittles down, search for recruits who are still in the top 10 stage of commitment. Look for guys not being recruited and add them to your board.

6) NEVER offer more than 25 scholarships. You can recruit more than 25 players but after 25 scholarships are accepted you lose a ton of points from revoking a scholarship offer.

7) "No redshirt your freshmen year" is your best friend for those hard to get, or must have guys. Especially kickers and punters.

8) Stack your home games near the end of the year. Its a little gamey but it helps.

9) Dont base your board off of Stars. Look at ratings.

10) Build pipelines. Texas, California, Florida and Ohio are must haves. Just remeber, the more the marrier.

11) If you get a "X2" bonus, always just Pitch. A pitch will always earn more than a Sway/Ask, and I do not believe Compares get the bonus, along with Scholarships and Guarentees.

12) Use the "No Redshirt" guarentee to build up your Integrity. You can always redshirt them when they are sophmores. This will allow you to use other guarentees that carry more weight.

13) Know your system!!!!
Compares give you the bonus for the points earned toward your school but not the points taken away from another school. It doesn't really help to compare unless you are in a race with only one other school. If there is distance of any sort or your competition is all close together, then it doesn't make sense to compare.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #24
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OK, I'm a powerhouse. Took 5 years with Cincy, but I get 5 star recruits easily now. One question though, does recruiting before you play your game or after make a difference?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »