Home

Any general advice for playing DE or DT?

This is a discussion on Any general advice for playing DE or DT? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
Any general advice for playing DE or DT?

I have been playing for awhile and always have preferred playing on the D-Line if possible. But I do not feel like I have taken the time to get to know the moves and be able to best utilize my ability to get to the QB. I can sniff out the run or the option and blow it up, and I can occasionally fill in the hole and blow up the play.

But what makes this year different is that I don't just feel like I'm being suctioned into the OL, and that suctioning = end of play.

What do you all look for in DEs you recruit, and what kind of moves do you find work best for beating the O-Line or breaking through double teams?

Also, is there a consistent set of controls for getting to do specific moves? Or does it just depend on movement and context (like Rstick left to do a swim move in that direction, or R stick down to do a bull rush). I find myself often getting flattened by the OL but only when I try and pull off the "wrong" move. Or maybe it's just my strength rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »