Home

CPU DEs don't use their moves/disengage enough off the edge(Vid Inside)

This is a discussion on CPU DEs don't use their moves/disengage enough off the edge(Vid Inside) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: CPU DEs don't use their moves/disengage enough off the edge(Vid Inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I donīt belive you can fix this with sliders
No.......but they can fix it with a patch or tuner. They had to do the same thing for NCAA 11. Their 1st day patch last year was to fix the DEs pass rush.

And now for NCAA 12, we have the same problem again, DEs not getting a pass rush, even when their ratings are vastly superior.

The whole CPU AI needs to be tuned across the board.

CPU DEs can't get a pass rush

CPU Runners don't use all of their special moves, they seem to hate the spin, I very rarely see the cpu runner spinning.

CPU QBs don't like using their special moves either when they are scrambling.

Return rating don't work like it should. The higher the number, the better they should be at returning kicks. I put both of my kick off returners and punt returners return ratings at 99, turned injuries off, simmed 5 dynastys.

Every year they only returned 2 kickoffs back for a TD and 1 punt back for a TD.

Got the same results with the return rating at 0.

It shouldn't be that way at all.

All the ratings need to be tuned to where as the higher the number, the more frequent a certain thing should play out.

IF you put stiff arms at 90, then they should be using stiff arms a lot when they are running.

Truck at 90, they should be lowering their head and pads a lot more.

Spin at 90 they should be using spin moves more.......

Of all the games I played, well over 40 now, I have yet to see the CPU defensive lineman bull rush and knock one of my offensive linemen on their butt.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
No.......but they can fix it with a patch or tuner. They had to do the same thing for NCAA 11. Their 1st day patch last year was to fix the DEs pass rush.

And now for NCAA 12, we have the same problem again, DEs not getting a pass rush, even when their ratings are vastly superior.

The whole CPU AI needs to be tuned across the board.

CPU DEs can't get a pass rush

CPU Runners don't use all of their special moves, they seem to hate the spin, I very rarely see the cpu runner spinning.

CPU QBs don't like using their special moves either when they are scrambling.

Return rating don't work like it should. The higher the number, the better they should be at returning kicks. I put both of my kick off returners and punt returners return ratings at 99, turned injuries off, simmed 5 dynastys.

Every year they only returned 2 kickoffs back for a TD and 1 punt back for a TD.

Got the same results with the return rating at 0.

It shouldn't be that way at all.

All the ratings need to be tuned to where as the higher the number, the more frequent a certain thing should play out.

IF you put stiff arms at 90, then they should be using stiff arms a lot when they are running.

Truck at 90, they should be lowering their head and pads a lot more.

Spin at 90 they should be using spin moves more.......

Of all the games I played, well over 40 now, I have yet to see the CPU defensive lineman bull rush and knock one of my offensive linemen on their butt.
I mean, are they afraid that if they turned the special moves on.....it would result in the AI going crazy with the special moves in situations that don't call for it???

I.E.. Runners spinning in the open field

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

IMO, its a result of too many ratings the cpu does not know which one to use it seems, with these games it seems the animations trigger when they meet some requirement ex. at a certain angle maybe they attempt a spin or a juke etc...

but then you have those backs with 90 spin, 90 elusiveness, 90 juke, 90 stiff arm.... the cpu picks the one to express a better difficulty which is elusiveness and the run with that...

on edits with madden 11 i made a brandon jacobs with 40 or less juke and spin he had just stiff arm and truck and he did them to finish most runs and i did a CJ with just 90+ juke and elusivemess and vision, 40 everything else and he ran elusive....

same for linemen, they will always go with the insta swin becuase its the best animation to express difficulty/success.... give them 40 power move/block shredding and 90 spin they will spin....i always test with extreme numbers to see what triggers

imo since there are no tendencies the cpu picks the best animation to gurantee its success, the cpu does not view pushing the pocket as a successful tactic...

someone stole my bestbuy copy of ncaa 12 left outside the door by ups i hope to get a replacement copy soon and hope to provide video evidence of some of the iedit deas shared here on OS

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

It's funny, because I literally just posted something about this to the devs hours ago. The 4-3 ends are broken and sliders do not fix this issue. It has been like this for years and it is driving me nuts as well. Hopefully something can be tuned or patched when it comes to this.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 07-19-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah thats the thing, sometimes you have to go to extremes either up or down to make players do stuff. Sometimes you simply put certain roster ratings at 0, just to keep them from doing stuff.

Even though NCAA 12 ratings are more responsive then NCAA 11, IMO they still not as responsive as Madden 11 ratings.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #14
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm having the same frustrations. Have you found a work around?

My experiences in the slider forum.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pass-rush.html
Old 07-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #15
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

So I saw some people who say this isn't tied to the Roster Glitch Issue, because its been noted on the default rosters as well

This desperately needs to to be seen by the devs so they don't miss out on this for Patch 2........

For me, this is just as frustrating as not seeing the Qbs Scramble or the Spread Option teams not working right

I really don't think they even read the stickied Bugs/Glitches thread but Once or Twice.....Is there a place to put this directly into one of the devs mailboxes...or a person we know who could get the message out???

I mean seriously Imagine if in NBA 2k, Dwight Howard, Gasol, Bynum, and all the other Big Men of the NBA didn't use their post moves and just ran around the Perimeter taking Mid-Range/3s all the time

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-23-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #16
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

this is VERY annoying. i'd love to see this fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »