Home

CPU DEs don't use their moves/disengage enough off the edge(Vid Inside)

This is a discussion on CPU DEs don't use their moves/disengage enough off the edge(Vid Inside) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #17
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Its always something. Glad I enforced my new rule to never buy sports games before patches, etc.

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #18
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CPU DEs don't use their moves/disengage enough off the edge(Vid Inside)

Playing a season with Bama, I usually control one of the MLBs in the 3-4. At the end of the season, one of my starting DEs had 9 sacks while the other had 7. Each of my 2nd stringers had 2 each. While not mind boggling, those are pretty realistic results IMO. The OLB's however is a different story and I would agree with their innability to get off of blocks.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #19
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
Playing a season with Bama, I usually control one of the MLBs in the 3-4. At the end of the season, one of my starting DEs had 9 sacks while the other had 7. Each of my 2nd stringers had 2 each. While not mind boggling, those are pretty realistic results IMO. The OLB's however is a different story and I would agree with their innability to get off of blocks.
What sliders are you using? Would be interested in knowing how the DEs got those sacks if anything stood out to you.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #20
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
What sliders are you using? Would be interested in knowing how the DEs got those sacks if anything stood out to you.
Alabama uses a 3-4 defensive scheme which has a lot of blitzes in it. DE's out of the 3-4 will get sacks in NCAA 12 if you blitz alot because the CPU Offensive Linemen "magically" know you are blitzing, so they often pick up the blitzing LB's and literally let the Defensive Ends run in untouched to the QB.

Michigan runs a Multiple D, and this is what I have consistently found when using the 3-4 portion of their playbook.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
So I saw some people who say this isn't tied to the Roster Glitch Issue, because its been noted on the default rosters as well

This desperately needs to to be seen by the devs so they don't miss out on this for Patch 2........

For me, this is just as frustrating as not seeing the Qbs Scramble or the Spread Option teams not working right

I really don't think they even read the stickied Bugs/Glitches thread but Once or Twice.....Is there a place to put this directly into one of the devs mailboxes...or a person we know who could get the message out???

I mean seriously Imagine if in NBA 2k, Dwight Howard, Gasol, Bynum, and all the other Big Men of the NBA didn't use their post moves and just ran around the Perimeter taking Mid-Range/3s all the time
I think the comparison with NBA 2k is a good one. Dude, we're both on mission trying to get the devs to see these issues. Its getting ridiculous. This is the 7th iteration on current generation and this wonky player interaction is still present.

This is major, and if you've seen any of my posts lately, I'm really stressing on the player movement. Trying to see if the devs can turn the weight and momentum back on from last generation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #22
Pro

ucas005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Alabama uses a 3-4 defensive scheme which has a lot of blitzes in it. DE's out of the 3-4 will get sacks in NCAA 12 if you blitz alot because the CPU Offensive Linemen "magically" know you are blitzing, so they often pick up the blitzing LB's and literally let the Defensive Ends run in untouched to the QB.

Michigan runs a Multiple D, and this is what I have consistently found when using the 3-4 portion of their playbook.
Yeah I've noticed 3-4 has generated somewhat decent results for DEs. Could just be a 4-3 issue.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #23
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

ahh my eyes!! hurt so much!!..
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #24
Pro

I created a post on this earlier. Noone replied so I thought I was the only one with the issue. Glad to hear others are having problems. Its funny because this same issue was patched in Madden 11 where your top elite right defensive ends could never get any pressure. Im in agreement, while I love the game, this and the roster glitch definitely needs to be patched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »