Home

Psychic Pass Coverage (Video) - Incorporating a Read-and-React Defense

This is a discussion on Psychic Pass Coverage (Video) - Incorporating a Read-and-React Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #73
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Psychic Pass Coverage (Video) - Incorporating a Read-and-React Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I posted this in the Superman Linebackers thread but it seems like this is the better place for it minus my rant on the bull**** of it all.

May I present Fairy Tale Defense in NCAA 12

EA Sports: NCAA Football 12 Video

Yeah Im pretty much done. When I throw an INT like this im numb to it now. Nothing I can do about it right?
Well, I guess we all know now that procedural awareness is a crock of poo.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty5037
its nice to see the d and zone tougher this year but it seems at the expense of superhuman defender, ie super jumpers, eyes behind their back, and psychic players. Which creates an unfair and aggravating experience on offense.
You said it. I was excited about the tougher defense at first, and now it's the 1 and only reason i am not able to even have fun while playing this game.
I miss the satisfaction of hitting a reciever right out of his break between the linebackers or safeties because I noticed he had inside/outside position on his defender just before he was about to make his cut. But now, none of that matters. I'll have a WR get an inside release on a post or an in route and I'll throw the ball just as hes beginning to make his cut to the inside and somehow the defender is always able to beat my WR to the ball despite the laws of physics...

ITS THIS SIMPLE EA, either remove these terribly slow and unnecessary "plant and cut" animations from the WR routes or implement a counter-balancing "plant and cut" animation into the movements of the secondary.

I mean seriously... who in the hell runs a post-corner route the way they are run in this game?? Every damn "plant and cut" animation brings the WR to a near stand still, giving the DB time to catch up...

I am blown away by everything else in this game and I think the graphics are amazing but the "tightness" of passing is just too tedious for me to enjoy it like i enjoyed it in the past.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #75
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Can this be stickied??? It's only right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 4

you know they can't get a schedule correct (VT always plays 9 conf games) - you really think they're going to get AI right?
Old 07-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #77
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
you know they can't get a schedule correct (VT always plays 9 conf games) - you really think they're going to get AI right?
Look, I'm all for pointing out the problems with pass coverage and trying to get it fixed, but let's not get derogatory. There's a point where you're just bashing, and that's when developers turn away from what's being said. So let's not go down that road.

I'm frustrated with the pass coverage and linebackers, but I'm not about to make insults or insinuate intelligence level.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

And I thought it was just me being terrible at the game. I played NCAA FB 12 on AA and didn't remember throwing this many picks, so I hit google and found this thread. I'll try the PRC and Jumping fix, but I'm pretty pissed overall at how they made this game seem godly only to find this kinda game breaking issue
Old 07-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #79
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I don't think you understand the problem. Knowing the route is one thing. When the DB is breaking on the route BEFORE the WR, and running that route better, there's an issue. In football, DBs jumping routes is a big deal, and it's a gamble.

It's not difficult for EA to write in a simple delay on these routes. It's simply a matter of telling the DB to delay breaking on that route until the WR has reported that he has made his break. Another way is for the CB to make checks against the WR. Did WR change direction? If yes, then match direction change. Player ratings can modify the rate at which the CB makes these checks, creating a natural "lag" in decision making. You can also apply memory to the CB. This isn't "IBM Watson" type stuff. The CPU does some of this right now. The DB can take into consideration (and DOES) the type of route the WR has run often and make a decision on that.

IF Most_Run = "Curl Route"
THEN "Play Curl Route"

"Play Curl Route" would then be a logic set that tells the CB how to play the curl route.
Yes a lag in decision making is whats keeping this game from.feeling natural..and also the lack of momentum and the feel of foot planting..I feel That This issue isn't just About db's...its every player on the field.
Nobody reads and reacts to your movements they mirror them especially when u have the ball in.Your hands....way too many open field tackles r automatic in this game because players mirror your movements..it doesn't feel natural it feels cheap and unrealistic
Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #80
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

There are so many ratings that need to be adjusted and only the hardcore gamer and edit fiend will take the time to do them. I'm not ready to give up on the game if for no other reason than I'm a college football diehard and it's the only college game in town. Plus, I playa lot of head to head and am considering getting into the science of roster editing.

For those that plan do adjust the play recognition and player jump attribute, it seems you must find a happy medium. I say that so that progression doesn't put the attribute right back where it was before yet not so low that they play like the Bad News Bears either.

I think the WR attributes that relates to that position needs to be adjusted too...Route Running, Catching In Traffic, Awareness etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »