Home

Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

This is a discussion on Ran into my first nano blitzer last night within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

Or... this stuff shouldnt be in the game in the first place.. But this is why I dont play online. And IF I do (big IF there) it will only be in an OD...
Old 07-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

RAGE QUIT!!!...No I'd go goaline or use the mesh plays. Slide protect inside and sweep or toss plays help. Motion Wrs when running to have a weakside.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

OVR: 13

Screen pass? If all his doing is the same play over and over, find a screen pass that works and run it over and over till her changes his play. That will in turn open up your playbook a bit.

Last edited by chrisphil1724; 07-18-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #12
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah I'm guessing drag patterns for the slot receivers would work, because he'll have no cover there surely?

Would draw plays be any use against that sort of defence?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikyle
OP,

I understand your pain b/c UF has no WR who can get off the press and FSU has a nasty D. The only suggestion I would have is to run Demps where the blitz isn't going. Because if he gets through the first line with him being in a 4-4 its almost an automatic TD. Other than that and passes to the HB I don't know what you could've done. It was a mixture of the nano-blitz and matchup problems.
Running Demps doesnt work. Tosses, and stretch plays get chased down by the safety and/or LB, and anything up the middle gets blown up by the unblocked DT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
How bout shallow crosses & meshes? Lob it as soon as they get off their jams.
I'm sacked by the time they get off their jams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwannabe
Did you try running the ball?
Yes, as explained above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Does putting a WR in motion help him avoid the bump? For instance the mesh plays where the WR uses short auto motion.
Nope, tried that and the DB just moves with him and jams him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
If he's going to a 4-4 and blitzing then you should have mismatches all over the board when you're 5 wide.
In theory yes, in practice...

Quote:
Some things you can do.

- Add an audible for a jailbreak screen to one of your WR's or just keep calling that play.
Tried it. pressed corner doesn't get blocked well and blows up the receiver as soon as he catches it

Quote:
- If he's jamming all your receivers, put one of them in motion (preferrably your best matchup [WR on LB].
Tried it. Still jammed.

Quote:
- Utilize a TE or a slot receiver just off the OT. Hit the receiver with a quick pop pass.
Tried it. Occasional success but usually broken up by super LB in man coverage on the TE

Quote:
The best thing to do when someone blitzes is to replace the blitzer with a receiver. If he's bringing the OLB every play, then throw to that spot.
He's not bringing the OLB. He's bringing both ILBs and theres a nano on the DT, and he's matching personnel and jamming on the outside. Other problem is when you get pressure on Brantley of any sort he becomes wildly inaccurate, so the times I did manage to use 5 WR to generate an open man, I'd generally end up with a ball way off target due to the incoming nano DT.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
Screen pass? If all his doing is the same play over and over, find a screen pass that works and run it over and over till her changes his play. That will in turn open up your playbook a bit.
Tried both HB and WR screens and they get blown up because the defender is already behind the blockers when they release and they just go for a sunday stroll to their area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Yeah I'm guessing drag patterns for the slot receivers would work, because he'll have no cover there surely?

Would draw plays be any use against that sort of defence?
Drags don't work due to inability to get off the jam, and if they do get off the jam they have a defender on them like glue.

Draws get blown up right away by the nano DT.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Crap like this is why I don't play online. Cheese is meant to be eaten, not played with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
Rookie

Surely if he audibles to the 4-4 then he can't have a defender opposite every WR in 5 wides? I'm not familiar with the specific play so I'm probably missing something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »