Home

SPARQ has takin he fun out of recruiing

This is a discussion on SPARQ has takin he fun out of recruiing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: SPARQ has takin he fun out of recruiing

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsession
Yes, you are.

Look at the lists:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...pid=88&yr=2012

'12 - OT, WR, OT, OT, RB, DE, DT, DE, RB, RB
'11 - DE, OT, CB, DT, RB, MLB, S, S, RB, DE
'10 - OT, DE, WR, WR, S, DT, DE, OT, RB, OL
Those guys get spoonfed on ESPN segments. It's a real shame that CFB doesn't have an alternative like the NFL Network.
Can you read? I've said more than once that there should be some linemen as 5s, but the majority, not all, but the majority, should be the nations best athletes.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

You ask me to talk about recruiting (for college), then you bring up NFL production? That doesn't make much sense.

I don't want Peyton Manning in college football. I want him in the NFL. In college, I can have Randle El, Vince Young or even Dexter McCluster as my shotgun QB and dominate.

Or a more relevant example, I can win a championship with Tee Martin.

I would much rather have Suh than Manning. Same with Warren Sapp over Andrew Luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
This thread is about recruiting.

Also, player talent and coaching / scheme are two very different things. Look at where those guys are now. Moss and Harvey have not had great impact in the NFL. Dorsey played well last year, finally. Cody didn't play much, but its too early to tell about thoae guys.

I never said linemen aren't important, but they're not as valuable as skill players. Would you rather have suh in his prime or Peyton in his?

But again, we're talking recruiting players from high school, not how teams win with or without them.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Can you read? I've said more than once that there should be some linemen as 5s, but the majority, not all, but the majority, should be the nations best athletes.
Yes I can read, that's why I quoted you.

You said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but the most common blue chip recruits are skill position players. QBs, WRs - play makers. Those guys are highly touted.

As you wondered, you are wrong, as that list demonstrates.

Over the last 3 years, the top 10 players were 53% OL or DL.

The true cream of the crop is the first 10-20 five star kids. Some services include more, but the lower half of the 5-stars is a much less successful bunch in terms of probability of panning out.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
I said it was my opinion more than once. I can see how at least one or two linemen at each spot should be top guys, but the vast majority of top recruits are skill players. I think OL should have a few 5s on the game, but having the nations best athletes as the top recruits makes sense to me.
Being fast doesn't make you a better athlete. Not everything is speed. Saying lineman aren't good athletes is pretty laughable. Come to my school, and we'll show you how athletic we really are.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #61
Rookie

Going by scout rankings

28 of 50 five stars in 2012 were OL/DL
20 of 50 five stars in 2012 were QB, RB, WR, CB or S

23 of 50 five stars in 2011 were OL/DL
17 of 50 five stars in 2011 were QB, RB, WR, CB or S

17 of 50 five stars in 2010 were OL/DL
28 of 50 five stars in 2010 were QB, RB, WR, CB or S

As you can see, clearly linemen do not take a back seat to skill players in terms of HS rankings in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 13

Ok bro. I'm gunna just leave the thread. You clearly don't understand the concept I'm trying to get across. It's all good though. If they change it based off this thread, then congrats to you. If not, barrage the wishlist for next year. Right now, me arguing with you does nothing..
Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I said it was my opinion more than once. I can see how at least one or two linemen at each spot should be top guys, but the vast majority of top recruits are skill players. I think OL should have a few 5s on the game, but having the nations best athletes as the top recruits makes sense to me.

Really? Because here is a quote of what you said before...

"I think only skill position players really warrant 5 stars. OL, DE, DTs, they're not the game changers that WRs, CBs, and HBs are. I didn't like it at first and thought it was a mistake, but it's not. It's realistic. Even the best lineman aren't 5 star recruits"

In bold you are obviously saying recruiting services dont rank lineman 5 stars which is not true.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

a quick question for the pro's in here if you created 8-10 5* OL and DL every year will it lower the # of 5* recruits at other positions or will it just add to it?

like say there are average 20 5* if you create 10 does it change that # to 30 or does it keep the # at 20? guessing on the # of 5 stars I have no clue of what the actual # is

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »