Home

Custom Offensive Playbooks. What works and what doesn't.

This is a discussion on Custom Offensive Playbooks. What works and what doesn't. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Custom Offensive Playbooks. What works and what doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Is 4 verts one of ur audibles?
Nope......I changed all of my audibles to forms that I use before deleting. The only problem I've had with a book is when I accidentally hit the remove all button from the formation screen and that jacked my book up. I've created two custom books from Oregon and just individually removed forms that I don't use and added some Pistol and another Ace with no problems.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I honestly don't know if anything exact has been discovered to trigger the issues.

I have only encountered a freezing issue with an Oregon based playbook. When I loaded the playbook it would freeze my game.

I have since then created three offensive and one defensive playbook(s) and all have worked fine.

So I have no freaking clue!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had a playbook based on Southern Miss that worked just fine, but I wanted to change from the spread to a pro base. I started from the Stanford book just because it was a pro style, but when I made the new book every time I go into a game all I get is a bunch of question mark plays to choose from..

I'm trying your advice of starting from the Washington book, hopefully that will fix it..

Also, I made a custom 4-3 defense from Southern Miss and it seems to work fine..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

To the OP:

I've built 2 good pbs (I've had no issues with defensive books), one based on Miss. St and the other on Nebraska. I've tried several times to get a ND book to work (I really wanted their wildcat formation) but have never been able to due to the undefined play (which I think is a hail mary) in the SG-spread formation. I've tried it with 1 play in SG-spread and I've tried it was about 20 plays in the formation, but they both got bugged.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #13
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
People's playbooks disappear during the middle of games and ppl come out in bugged formations. It's pretty creepy. As for the OP Shotgun Spread Flex is a go to. Can u add it in after the playbook has been made? I REALLY need it there.
As far as I can tell, you can add the Shotgun - Spread Flex form as long as you leave at least one play in it once it is added. Same goes for the Shotgun - Spread. The same rule applies to them once they have been added.

I suggest that if you want to add a formation but are worried, add it, then remove it. Check for the bug, back out and DON'T SAVE. Then just reload your playbook and go from there.

Last edited by bmxnw; 07-18-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
Yeah i was kinda upset after reworking my playbook, to find that i still have to shotgun forms. that show up with plays that i cant delete. I cant remember what its called but its basiclly a wildcat form and i hate wildcat.

Looks like im going to have to go find me a new base book
There are many teams with these "Hidden" Formations. Most of them from what I have seen are the Spread and Air Raid base types. I have tried a few playbooks with these formations and gotten the bug with all of them.

Last edited by bmxnw; 07-18-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
Yeah i was kinda upset after reworking my playbook, to find that i still have to shotgun forms. that show up with plays that i cant delete. I cant remember what its called but its basiclly a wildcat form and i hate wildcat.

Looks like im going to have to go find me a new base book
There are many versions. There is the Wild Cowboy, the Wild Owl, the Crazy Raider, the Bulldog, just to name a few. These are all in the Shotgun formation and are all Wildcat type formations. I haven't checked all the base types, or all playbooks, but I would guess that there are some non - Shotgun based "Hidden" formations as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #16
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I honestly don't know if anything exact has been discovered to trigger the issues.

I have only encountered a freezing issue with an Oregon based playbook. When I loaded the playbook it would freeze my game.

I have since then created three offensive and one defensive playbook(s) and all have worked fine.

So I have no freaking clue!
I too, am not certain what is the exact cause of the bugs. However, I have created/tested/tweaked at least two dozen playbooks so far and seem to have isolated the above problem.

As far as the freezing goes, For the PS3 it happens like this(from what I have seen): You select your team, you push X to bring up the playbook selection window. You choose your custom playbook(s). If your playbook(s) don't load IMMEADIATELY after you push X to advance to the weather menu, your game will freeze when loading the session every time. Your playbook is the cause of this. All you can do is scrap it and try again.

I tried to make several Defensive playbooks. One in the 3-4, one Multiple, and a couple 4-3, and all of them were bugged.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »