Home

Suction tackling?

This is a discussion on Suction tackling? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Suction tackling?

So i know with this year's installment of NCAA we have the removal of suction tackling, but one thing i have noticed is a lot of players running/rubbing right past a ball carrier and then the second he is behind him, he turns on a dime and proceeds to follow him right on the ball carriers heels.

IRL, if a player over-pursued he would at least reach out with his arms and attempt to slow him down. Not to mention he would never in reality have a chance at catching up to the ball carrier again, much less follow him all the way to the endzone without attempting to get his ankle.

Just wondering everyone elses thoughts...

PS. i am playing the game now(coach mode) and a lateral on a speed option was just ruled an incomplete pass... weird..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
To answer the PS this happens if the HB gets ahead of the QB.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Suction tackling?

IMO, they needed to fix the fact that players can turn on a dime without slowing down one bit, like you said, before they took away practically no suction tackling. I've had the problem of defensive players just running right by offensive players, usually close enough so that the arms touch eachother, and the defensive guy doesn't try to tackle.

I've also had instances where a defender is running in front of the ball carrier, IE like a blocker might, but he's usually only one step directly in front of the ball carier.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Rookie

it just seems strange to me how they can fix one thing by making something that to me, seems just as bad... i know you can't fix everything and if they fixed everything in 1 huge game they wouldn't have anything for the coming years games... but still...
Old 07-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

This is happening all to frequently with me too. The fact the tackles aren't suctioned anymore I find my defender runs right by the ballcarrier. Are we supposed to press "X" now to wrap him up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
This is happening all to frequently with me too. The fact the tackles aren't suctioned anymore I find my defender runs right by the ballcarrier. Are we supposed to press "X" now to wrap him up?
I have had an instance where i wanted to press "X" but realized i wasn't close enough, so i held "x" down as to not mess up a tackle.. by holding down "x" my game took control of my player and took it's own route to the ball carrier.. consequently it was the wrong route because he stopped and changed direction. TD opposing team.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpshot23x
I have had an instance where i wanted to press "X" but realized i wasn't close enough, so i held "x" down as to not mess up a tackle.. by holding down "x" my game took control of my player and took it's own route to the ball carrier.. consequently it was the wrong route because he stopped and changed direction. TD opposing team.
I believe doing that turns on Defender assist. That's why the game took control.

*you might have known that already, I couldn't tell*
Old 07-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I believe doing that turns on Defender assist. That's why the game took control.

*you might have known that already, I couldn't tell*
at the time i didn't. i figured it out after that pressing "A" and "X" does it now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »