Home

Television Exposure rating keeps going down

This is a discussion on Television Exposure rating keeps going down within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Television Exposure rating keeps going down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Seeing the same thing. This is a bad one too because recruiting is tied to it both in your television exposure rating, and also winning and losing on national tv has an effect on generating interest with recruits.

It's tied to the school's prestige rating. If there are no tv games being recorded, then the whole tv exposure rating drops significantly and has a negative aggregate effect on the school's prestige rating as a whole.

It's tied to a team's rankings in the media poll -- blow out a good team in a nationally televised game and you might have a better chance of jumping a few more spots in the media poll.

It's part of progression for smaller schools. Play well enough to earn a date on national tv and get a big win or upset and it can change the future direction of the program.

TV exposure has been an important part of the series for a long time just as it is in real college football. This is something I'd like to be fixed in a patch.
But if it is recorded for NO teams, then it's not unfair.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
But if it is recorded for NO teams, then it's not unfair.
Is it not? Are all teams having their tv exposure rating reduced to D or whatever? Still not acceptable as television exposure is a huge part of college football, and especially since it has worked perfectly fine for ten years.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
So I have played 2 seasons of an Offline Dynasty as a Defensive Coordinator for Michigan.

So far I have won back to back National Championships on All American. I think I need to change some sliders :P, though I admit I'm much better on defense than offense.

So I have no lost a game for 2 seasons but my television exposure raiting as gone from A+ when I started, to A during the 2nd season and now I'm on the third and its B+. So what am I doing to make that go down or is this a bug?

All seasons I edited my schedule to make my strength of schedule A+ as it was like a B or something.

So not sure what is causing my TV Exposure to go down at all. Anyone else seen this or have any ideas?
Yeah this happens when your a coordinator, your games don't get counted as being seen on regional/national broadcast. For some reason, I don't know why they only count when your a head coach, at least that is what I have seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
Yeah this happens when your a coordinator, your games don't get counted as being seen on regional/national broadcast. For some reason, I don't know why they only count when your a head coach, at least that is what I have seen.
Wait just to clarify.. this is only if your a coordinator and not the head coach?
Its still broken and needs to be fixed, granted. But I plan on starting my actual dynasty tonight and have been torn between making a coach or being Tubberville. But I guess this will decide it for me.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

my question is how in.the world did you win back to.back NC with michigan. as a DC? they suck on off.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Wait just to clarify.. this is only if your a coordinator and not the head coach?
Its still broken and needs to be fixed, granted. But I plan on starting my actual dynasty tonight and have been torn between making a coach or being Tubberville. But I guess this will decide it for me.
As an OC at Oregon State, I went 0-0 in regional broadcast games and 0-0 in national broadcast games. Then I take over at San Jose State in year 2 as HC and I went like 5-1 in regional broadcast and 1-1 in national broadcast. So in my experience it's just a coordinator issue with the games being televised.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
As an OC at Oregon State, I went 0-0 in regional broadcast games and 0-0 in national broadcast games. Then I take over at San Jose State in year 2 as HC and I went like 5-1 in regional broadcast and 1-1 in national broadcast. So in my experience it's just a coordinator issue with the games being televised.
This is a good find. Looks like an oversight when implementing the ability to be a coordinator. Would be nice to get a fix in the next patch for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #16
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Another weird bug.

When I sway a recruit his interest always goes to "Most" instead of up to my schools rank. Seen it go from Low to Most even though my school was a B+ for that particular quality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »