Home

Television Exposure rating keeps going down

This is a discussion on Television Exposure rating keeps going down within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon4 Television Exposure rating keeps going down

So I have played 2 seasons of an Offline Dynasty as a Defensive Coordinator for Michigan.

So far I have won back to back National Championships on All American. I think I need to change some sliders :P, though I admit I'm much better on defense than offense.

So I have no lost a game for 2 seasons but my television exposure raiting as gone from A+ when I started, to A during the 2nd season and now I'm on the third and its B+. So what am I doing to make that go down or is this a bug?

All seasons I edited my schedule to make my strength of schedule A+ as it was like a B or something.

So not sure what is causing my TV Exposure to go down at all. Anyone else seen this or have any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Television Exposure rating keeps going down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
So I have played 2 seasons of an Offline Dynasty as a Defensive Coordinator for Michigan.

So far I have won back to back National Championships on All American. I think I need to change some sliders :P, though I admit I'm much better on defense than offense.

So I have no lost a game for 2 seasons but my television exposure raiting as gone from A+ when I started, to A during the 2nd season and now I'm on the third and its B+. So what am I doing to make that go down or is this a bug?

All seasons I edited my schedule to make my strength of schedule A+ as it was like a B or something.

So not sure what is causing my TV Exposure to go down at all. Anyone else seen this or have any ideas?
I just posted about this on the Bugs and Glitches thread. In my dynasty my record on my team page for Regional TV games and National TV games always stays at 0-0. So basically the game is recording everything like we never play a televised game. That is the reason your rating is falling.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I remember from past games it used to put a little TV icon next to games to let you know it was a televised game but I don't see those at all now. I'm going to start a new Dynasty and look if they were there then. I'll stick in 2011 and look there as well.

I wonder if the QA team was out to lunch again because so far I have found some obvious bugs.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I remember from past games it used to put a little TV icon next to games to let you know it was a televised game but I don't see those at all now. I'm going to start a new Dynasty and look if they were there then. I'll stick in 2011 and look there as well.

I wonder if the QA team was out to lunch again because so far I have found some obvious bugs.
Regional and national TV markers show up on my schedules. I remember them clearly. Don't remember if it recorded records though.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I just posted about this on the Bugs and Glitches thread. In my dynasty my record on my team page for Regional TV games and National TV games always stays at 0-0. So basically the game is recording everything like we never play a televised game. That is the reason your rating is falling.
This is happening to me. As Western Michigan, however, this isn't hugely impacting me. But I've been on National TV thrice (Week 1 against FIU, Week 3 @ Michigan, MAC Championship) and Regional twice (@ Miami OH, Week 15 Akron), and it marks it as 0 times.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Regional and national TV markers show up on my schedules. I remember them clearly. Don't remember if it recorded records though.
They do show the icons. However the game isn't recorded as having been shown on tv.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
They do show the icons. However the game isn't recorded as having been shown on tv.
OP claimed he never sees TV icons.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Seeing the same thing. This is a bad one too because recruiting is tied to it both in your television exposure rating, and also winning and losing on national tv has an effect on generating interest with recruits.

It's tied to the school's prestige rating. If there are no tv games being recorded, then the whole tv exposure rating drops significantly and has a negative aggregate effect on the school's prestige rating as a whole.

It's tied to a team's rankings in the media poll -- blow out a good team in a nationally televised game and you might have a better chance of jumping a few more spots in the media poll.

It's part of progression for smaller schools. Play well enough to earn a date on national tv and get a big win or upset and it can change the future direction of the program.

TV exposure has been an important part of the series for a long time just as it is in real college football. This is something I'd like to be fixed in a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »