Home

Defense coordinators

This is a discussion on Defense coordinators within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Defense coordinators

How is your season going?

How are your stats looking like?

No matter how good my db's in man coverage are they don't cover.

Ball constantly hit them in hands only to drop it or let the cpu make the catch right stand next to them before they make a play.

I run an aggressive 3-4 defense.

Is your offense helping you out. Just wondering.

Mines isn't doing a thing. Got some pretty good skill players yet i'm receiving average results.

Whats the most you lost by.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Defense coordinators

I'm a defensive coordinator for UL-Monroe on default Heisman with a few slider changes (HUM Rush D -5, CPU Pass Block +5).

I've only played 2 games so far. Week 2 I had #10 Florida State and somehow almost won the game. I held them to 23 points and my offense managed 17 points. A missed FG hurt us.

Week 3 I had FCS SE and I won 41-26, they scored in garbage time. This coming week I have TCU which should be very tough. I run a Multiple D but so far I've run a lot of 3-3-5.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

keep me posted on your status. Maybe i might need to use your sliders.

I meet the goals i'm required to meet but i can't get any consistency out of them.

it's my third year and I went to BC in my 2nd year because their defense was stacked. Thinking it would make my 3-4 defense that much better than it was with WSU.

Was I wrong I still accomplish the goals to advance in prestige.

Does prestige play a part in how well your defense perform.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

DC at Ball State on default All-American. I have a problem giving up the big plays. I get burned on the deep ball at least once a game and missed tackles are hurting my run defense.

It doesn't matter because my cpu offense goes 3 and out on most possessions. Ball State is terrible.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Energy
How is your season going?

How are your stats looking like?

No matter how good my db's in man coverage are they don't cover.

Ball constantly hit them in hands only to drop it or let the cpu make the catch right stand next to them before they make a play.

I run an aggressive 3-4 defense.

Is your offense helping you out. Just wondering.

Mines isn't doing a thing. Got some pretty good skill players yet i'm receiving average results.

Whats the most you lost by.
I was in the same boat as you during my first Year as DC. I had to literally win some games with my defense, because my offense was doing so terrible. And they should not have been doing that bad (89 OVR), they were like close to the bottom in almost every major offensive category.

Well Year 2 rolls around and I figured out why my offense was doing so bad, I never set my coach preference for offense. I didn't think I needed to set anything being that I was the DC. So I changed the percentages (Run/Pass% - Sub% - Conservative/Aggressive%) and my offense started murdering defenses lol. So if you haven't done so, change your %'s to what fits your offense.

My defense finished..
#1 in Least Rushing Yards Allowed
#14 in Least Passing Yards Allowed
#2 (Tied with Nevada) in Sacks
#21 in INTs

I lost 3 times in Year 1..
vs UCONN 17-13
@ WVU 31-24 OT
Sugar bowl vs Alabama 19-10

So far I'm 8-0 in Year 2. I'm loving DC because no matter how well you do, you can still lose the game lol.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Strmtrp's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm also getting no help from my offense and have scored about as many points with my defense as the offense has scored in the 4 games that I've won with Tulane. I play a highly aggressive 4-2-5 and use the FS, meaning that most of the points I allow are due to pulling myself out of position on PA or running plays. My team is getting a ton of sacks from the front 4 though, and my d linemen somewhat unrealistically look poised to sweep the postseason awards that they're eligible for over guys 15-20 overall higher than them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »