Home

Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start

This is a discussion on Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #33
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start

After not having this bug affect me, it started happening tonight. After 4 attempts I finally went in and deleted the roster that came w/ the game. I have Patrick Morty's roster... I think that's his name... and I left that one in. After deleting the roster that came w/ the game, it started up just fine.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #34
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Ok, I tried the low impact work-around and it worked until I signed back into my profile and started up a dynasty game. Right before the game a message popped up about fixing an online dynasty issue (why this popped up while my offline dynasty game was loading up I don't know). Anyway, it froze the game when that pop up came up.

Here is what I am wondering. My original freeze took place after an online game, while the game was saving. Does the game's autosave after the game (online game) somehow try to access EA sever's? If so, and after my latest freeze that I described above, could this have to do with the game accessing the server's?

Just a theory, and probably an incorrect one since the main freeze is happening at the start screen and I am not sure if the game tries to access the servers then or not. In addition, if it was just a server issue alone then I assume many more people would be having the problem. Oh well, guess it's time to delete my rosters.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #35
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

turn off autosave (not sure this has anything to do with the issue but i might from what i could tell working with EA yesterday, delete your rosters, after the problem is fixed you can redownload them and wont have an issue, the initial file i downloaded didnt seem to be the issue, some how after downloading it the file became corrupt and caused the system crash, which is why i recommended turning off autosave, i had the press start system crash but this has solved it at least for now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #36
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut17
turn off autosave (not sure this has anything to do with the issue but i might from what i could tell working with EA yesterday, delete your rosters, after the problem is fixed you can redownload them and wont have an issue, the initial file i downloaded didnt seem to be the issue, some how after downloading it the file became corrupt and caused the system crash, which is why i recommended turning off autosave, i had the press start system crash but this has solved it at least for now
Definitely worth a shot, I'll give it a try tonight, thanks.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #37
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty
Is everyone using auto save that is having the problems? Perhaps auto save is the issue. I have the same roster file all of them are using but I have auto save turned off and I have yet to run into any problems. Platform = 360.
It doesn't seem like autosave by itself is the issue. Somehow the roster file in memory is getting corrupted (altered in a way that changes the expected format of the file). All autosave is doing is detecting that the roster file has changed and is saving it. Unfortunately, this makes the corrupt roster file into the roster file saved on your storage device. So even though autosave may not be causing the crash, it may make it less likely for you to encounter the crash if you turn it off.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #38
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
No, it's much deeper than that. Check out the "possible roster glitch" thread for more info...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-glitch.html
Correct. The Press Start crash doesn't seem to be connected to the ESPN ticker. That was just an early theory we had before we knew more about the issue.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #39
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees_CT
Ok, I tried the low impact work-around and it worked until I signed back into my profile and started up a dynasty game. Right before the game a message popped up about fixing an online dynasty issue (why this popped up while my offline dynasty game was loading up I don't know). Anyway, it froze the game when that pop up came up.

Here is what I am wondering. My original freeze took place after an online game, while the game was saving. Does the game's autosave after the game (online game) somehow try to access EA sever's? If so, and after my latest freeze that I described above, could this have to do with the game accessing the server's?

Just a theory, and probably an incorrect one since the main freeze is happening at the start screen and I am not sure if the game tries to access the servers then or not. In addition, if it was just a server issue alone then I assume many more people would be having the problem. Oh well, guess it's time to delete my rosters.
No, autosave doesn't connect to the servers at all. That doesn't mean there isn't some sort of online-related component to this crash, though. I don't know enough yet to rule that out.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #40
Rookie

HkEmTruBlu31's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HkEmTruBlu31
I just started having the issue today. PS3. I Press Start and go to please wait screen. It says loading at the bottom with the icon swirling so its not frozen. Quit the game and tried again. Same thing. I have downloaded 13 team builder schools that I made when i first got the game, the gamingtailgate roster which i renamed ONLINE before i saved it a few days ago, and just last night I downloaded Buckeye and Gators V1 rosters and left the name the same. I checked them out and turned the system off for the night. I just deleted those and got on just fine. I just downloaded them again, left the name the same, and turned the system off. Turned the system back on & loaded the game up and it froze. Quit the game and deleted the B&G roster and the game loaded just fine. Reloaded B&Gs roster and renamed it GBV1 this time before saving. Quit the game and reloaded it and it froze again. Quit the game and deleted the gamingtailgate roster that i had renamed ONLINE before saving it and the game loaded just fine. So with me it appears that you can only have one roster save file at a time. If you want me to test anything else just let me know. Im currently unemployed and have a lot of time on my hands lol

EDIT - PSN is HkEmTruBlu If it would be easier to talk via email, texting, or phone I can give you those also in a pm.
Did anyone see this? As long as i have only one roster saved, doesnt matter which one, it works just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »