Home

What's wrong with this video?

This is a discussion on What's wrong with this video? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Rookie

CornfedChris's Arena

OVR: 15
Thumbs down What's wrong with this video?

Do you guys see anything wrong with this video? I'm not complaining... I'm simply seeing what you guys think about this specific animation during pass defense. Did I make a bad pass decision?? Was he covered?? Or was he open??

It may or may not be something that needs to be fixed.

Watch Video!

*Mods - If this violates anything then go ahead and remove it. I'm not trying to be a complainer... I just want everyone's opinion.
Go Lions!
Go Red-Wings!

Follow me on Twitter: @ChrisStockton9

Last edited by CornfedChris; 07-19-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What's wrong with this video?

It wouldn't be that bad if the safety wrapped the WR up right when the ball got there, or reached out and swatted the pass away with his left hand. However, there's no way he should have ended up in front of the receiver and/or had a legitimate shot at picking the pass off.

That's probably the thing that frustrates me the most with this game. There are so many plays like this where, in the end, the outcome is realistic (an incomplete pass) but how we get to that outcome is a mess.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
Rookie

CornfedChris's Arena

I agree... Why was he even given a shot to pick that pass off? The receiver was in front of the safety, ball was directly on target, and a cut was made to create space in an open part of the field. Yet the safety 'warped' in front only to attempt an interception, which he misses. And if you look closely his legs go through my receiver's legs.

This is a great example of many people's frustration with this game.. so I had to upload the video.

I was playing on All-American difficulty by the way. And it gets even worse when playing on Heisman.
Go Lions!
Go Red-Wings!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Passing in this game isn't nearly as good as the running is. People have been talking about how they like the passing because it's more challenging, but I don't like unrealistic CPU defensive super powers that make the game more challenging. It forces me to learn how to exploit the broken gameplay rather than play the game as it is shown on the screen.

Because of super linebackers and warping (the kind in the video has happened to me a lot), there are passes I will never throw in the game. Not because in real life it would be incomplete. But because I know the CPU will jump up and bat the pass even though they aren't in position, or might magically warp in for a crazy one handed interception.

Yeah, it makes the game more challenging when the CPU eliminates certain throws from your arsenal. But it also eliminates a ton of realism and fun. I will say that I like not being able to throw for an easy 300 yards every game on 16 completions. I had a 22/37 type of game for 230 yards and was satisfied with the difficulty. But then there are times where I am completely shaking my head at how I have to spam certain type of plays because certain routes don't work against the higher difficulty CPU.

I just don't get the 9.0+ scores on this game.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-19-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
Rookie

CornfedChris's Arena

I find myself passing to certain players because they LOOK open... only to find out that ... 'open' in the newer gen games means something completely different.

It kind of ruins the fun in the game when I have to hold back my offense just because there are not enough animations to account for what I'm gonna do.

Guess I just need to practice more...
Go Lions!
Go Red-Wings!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

My only suggestion, playing with Air Raid and seeing this alot, would be to possibly float the ball a little more and try and lead him. Not sure if you did this or if there was a safety in his path that would bat down a lofted ball.

But other than that.. Just animation irregularity.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #7
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2

One of the most annoying things about this series is that the WR's have no awareness at all once the ball is in the air. They only react to where the ball will be, not where it is and certainly not aware of any defenders.

If that reciever was aware of the ball and the defender he simply would have cut further inside of the defender to shield him away.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I know the answer to what's wrong with this video: the players are not named!

Seriously though, glitches happen. I've played 35 games which is about 4,000+ plays and have not seen anything like this occur...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »