Home

Can someone help me run the ball against cpu?

This is a discussion on Can someone help me run the ball against cpu? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #17
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can someone help me run the ball against cpu?

You know, I'm having the opposite problem. Running the ball is working really well, to the point where I've increased the CPU's Run Defense stat. It's the passing game where I'm really struggling, and typically in the past, the running has been my problem.

Be patient if you can, and when you see the hole, hit it hard, and good things will follow
Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitscreenprod
Ok. I'm not a harcore player but I do half way enjoy a realistic game. I am playing as Florida State in All-American dynasty year 1. I am having a rough time running the ball. E.J. Manuel puts up 300 yards a game, but my team running is usually 20 carries 40-60 yards. I have tried I-form Ace, Goalline, Pistol, Option, run up the middle draw everything I can figure out and absolutely no luck. I know I know open the ground game up with the pass, but with Manuel putting up 300 yards shouldn't that give me some sort of ability to run up the middle especially against maryland and lamonroe? Please help.
i kno this is gnna sound like an as s comment but maybe u shouldnt worry about running this yr. keep running as many times as u do but scout ppl and get them to come to ur school having a better RB really helps. srry for the smart as s comment just my opinion.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #19
Rookie

Splitscreenprod's Arena

It's not smartA remark, just an ignorant one. FSU already has a great running game in the game and in real life, so if i can't run with them who could I run with? Also there is a guy who already posted on this thread stating that he is averaging 189 ypg with ULM (That's university of Louisiana monroe)
Old 07-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #20
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

When I start struggling I hold the Right Thumbstick up through the OL. Helps you break some weak arm tackles.
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
Old 07-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #21
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

On default AA there are literally no broken tackles for either side and the outside run is basically shut down. It's one thing to say I can't run the ball but when the cpu can't gain any yards on the ground no matter which team then there's definitely a problem.

I made the following slider adjustments to both User and CPU to help the run game:

Running Back Ability: 60
Rush Defense: 30
Tackling: 30

Yards per carry are about right depending on the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm Very good at running ball so I will tell you what works for me.

The best running play in the game is the Power O. This is the one that runs the ball Near the tackle.
Basically when you run the ball you need to look for where holes are developing. A lot of times you wont be able to go to the hole the play wanted so you need to bounce it inside or outside.
Go to practice mode and run Power O until you understand how the blocks form and where you need to run it to.

Power O should be your primary run play. I usually run it for about 70% of my running game.

Draws are super effective if you know when to use them.
3rd down is a very effective place to run them but it has to be like 3rd and 5.
If it is any closer then the defense will plan for the run which will shut it down.
Also if you pass the ball like 2-3 times in a row then use the option you will probably get 10-15 yards.
Your key to running this play is to hit the the gaps in between the guard, The backers should be backing up and it should be a good play.

Only use Dive plays and stuff when it is like 3rd and short. These will usually get you the 1-2 yards you need but these plays rarely break for a long run.

A good thing to do is call a counter weak and then change the way you are running the ball, this will make it a counter strong which means you will have more lineman on the side you are running plus the pulling guards.

When You are near the goal line should be the only time you ever run a pitch play. If you call it in the open field you will most likely lose yards.

Last tip is when you are running the ball you need to have the full back in because he will neutralize the first guy who get through.
The full back usually make sure you wont lose yards because of a blitzing linebacker.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #23
Rookie

Splitscreenprod's Arena

Angry Re: Can someone help me run the ball against cpu?

Thanks again guy who just responded who i forgot your name. Anyhoo, a couple of things I have noticed since taking everyone's advice. One I am still not great, but I have gotten my YPC(I think that's the right one for yards per carry) is about 5.7 now which I am fine with. I can get about 100-130 yards a game, sometimes only 80 and sometimes 200. So that is awesome. However, 2 things have occurred, the most annoying thing is now I CAN NOT PASS THE BALL!!! I am very good at passing, but now I am going 5-25, 10-30, and 9-22 is about my average now. WTF!!! every pass seems to be shut down by the steroidal linebackers. I have never had a problem with them until I learned to run the ball. Also I have noticed, if you never use the turbo, your blockers do great, but once you hit the turbo they just stop blocking and the defender goes right around them. Also I have noticed, if you don't use turbo though the linebacker opposite to you seems to be on speed (the amphetemine and the skill ability) and will track you down from anywhere on the field. SUPER ANNOYING!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »