Home

Breaking your Contract?

This is a discussion on Breaking your Contract? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Breaking your Contract?

Question: I am returning as a Maryland OC again. I was first coaching at Arkansas State for one year. (two year contract) then went to Maryland in my second and third year. (Two year contract)

Then I decided to stay there at Maryland again for hopefully just one more year so I can finally get that boost into Head Coaching territory. Now since I signed another two year contract there so, since I was not allowed to alter the deal, does that mean I cannot leave the school for two years? Even though when I was with Arkansas State I broke out of my Contract? It said something about not letting me move, but I did not know what that meant. Any help?

Also, too make sure this doesn't turn into one of those Dead Threads that only get one or two posts, maybe we could get a discussion out of this. Do you think Pulling out of a Contract early should affect Coach Loyalty? Because clearly, you are breaking a contract, but most Teams would understand leaving their team for a more superior one. What are your thoughts on it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
Rookie

UFgrad08's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Breaking your Contract?

You get new coaching offers after every season (unless you do really bad maybe) and you can alawys accept one. I think the message you saw meant that if you signed the contract, you wouldn't be able to take another job until after the next season (its just worded badly).
I took a three year job and got the same message, but left after the second year. I had offers after the first year, too, but I didn't take them.

For your other question, I think pulling out of a contract early should affect coach loyalty. I agree with you that it is pretty much understood that if the coach of a small school gets an offer at a bigger school, he's probanly going to take it, but coaches who do that do end up with a reputation.

As a Gator, Urban Meyer comes to mind. He coached two(?) years at bowling green, two years at utah, and then came to Florida. A lot of people thought he was just trying to get to Notre Dame, Michigan, or Ohio State. I'm sure coaches of other teams brought that up when they were recruiting players.

I really believe that Meyer would have stayed at Florida for a long time if he hadn't had all of his health and family issues, but even when he was at a top tier school like Florida, winning championships, people were still questioning his loyalty.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
I just finished my first season ad Michigan head coach and we finished 7-7. I played half and summed half which is how I usually do a season. I got offered an extension as head coach and the other offer I got was defensive coordinator for mid Tennessee state, so I stayed with the Michigan posting.

Sent from my Broodcomb using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

In the last game I would actually break my contract to go to lower teams, but this year with the addition of real job offers and coordinators I can definitely see myself leaving for a better team.

I think leaving mid-contract should affect the loyalty a bit. I mean, even if you're going to a better program it's still somewhat disloyal.

Last edited by ttech10; 07-20-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3

At least you guys get offers!

as OC at UNLV, got no offers after going 2-10 and 3-9... Hopefully, I will get an offer after my contract expires in year 3!

I wonder what happens if noone is interested in you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardmoment
At least you guys get offers!

as OC at UNLV, got no offers after going 2-10 and 3-9... Hopefully, I will get an offer after my contract expires in year 3!

I wonder what happens if noone is interested in you
Those records might be a factor lol
Old 07-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJustPull
I just finished my first season ad Michigan head coach and we finished 7-7. I played half and summed half which is how I usually do a season. I got offered an extension as head coach and the other offer I got was defensive coordinator for mid Tennessee state, so I stayed with the Michigan posting.

Sent from my Broodcomb using Tapatalk
You went to the title game with that pitiful record?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

I thought it interesting the guy with UNLV got no offers. I was beginning to think there were just to many offers right off the bat. I do think there is a little to much activity in the off season. I haven't done an official count but just seemed like a lot. I did one season at FIU went 5-7 finished 4th in SBelt and got offered the OC position at Maryland. Seemed far reach that a BCS school would take me despite me hitting most of my goals. I was still a D+ prestige my 2nd year (1st at Maryland).

I also wish that more OC/DC were tied to HC's. I think in most cases a HC leaves to take a different job he usually takes most of his staff with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »