Home

NCAA Football 12 Roster Glitch Confirmed, Patch to Address Concerns

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Roster Glitch Confirmed, Patch to Address Concerns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #25
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Possible roster glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This issue seems to be like the freezing issue. It is effecting some people and not effecting others. With named rosters, denard Robinson don't scramble against me using Fairdale Kings roster or OS community rosters.

Default rosters with no names, he will scramble 12 to 20 times.

So for those it doesn't effect, consider yourself lucky. By chance BA2929 did your console ever freeze with this game ?
It's frozen one time in 20+ games. That was at the very beginning of a dynasty game with OS roster names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #26
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

See mines froze 5 times in 40 games with named rosters and zero times with non named rosters.

So maybe the console freezing and change in cpu AI behaviour is tied to named rosters.

Since named rosters seem to be the common theme.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #27
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

I see on the original name roster it says for Robinson,
Quote:
balanced
and for non-name roster it says
Quote:
scrambler
. Oh well back to no names for me.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #28
Rookie

wesman94's Arena

OVR: 2

I just noticed this. I went to check on it and it seems that all the Scramblers are listed as Balanced and vise versa. i.e. Dan Persa is listed as a Scrambler but w/o names is balanced.

But I noticed this too: If you look at the place to edit there attributes they're listed correctly (Denard is listed as a Scrambler under this one).
Old 07-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #29
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman94
I just noticed this. I went to check on it and it seems that all the Scramblers are listed as Balanced and vise versa. i.e. Dan Persa is listed as a Scrambler but w/o names is balanced.

But I noticed this too: If you look at the place to edit there attributes they're listed correctly (Denard is listed as a Scrambler under this one).
Yeah......but when you play the game, they play what their tendancy say they are the 1st page, which is balanced. Just like DEs drop from being pass rushers to run stoppers, hard hitters are changed to coverage.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #30
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah......but when you play the game, they play what their tendancy say they are the 1st page, which is balanced. Just like DEs drop from being pass rushers to run stoppers, hard hitters are changed to coverage.
So basically guys are playing opposite of their intended playstyle? I never thought id play without names but thats how its looking.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

i wonder how much the tendency change affects the defenders. you know i came across this while playing with the default named rosters. default roster clemson's starting qb is listed as scrambler and their backup is balanced, but has very low awareness and terrible run skills. the backup started the game because the starter was injured and he scrambled a lot more than anyone else did against me that whole season.

i'll have to go back and see if i can look at stats, but it struck me as odd at the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #32
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
i wonder how much the tendency change affects the defenders. you know i came across this while playing with the default named rosters. default roster clemson's starting qb is listed as scrambler and their backup is balanced, but has very low awareness and terrible run skills. the backup started the game because the starter was injured and he scrambled a lot more than anyone else did against me that whole season.

i'll have to go back and see if i can look at stats, but it struck me as odd at the time.
I noticed that as well. Forgot who it was, but it was the back up and his tendancy said balance but he scrambled a hell of a lot. Where as the starting QB with no names was a scrambler but with names he is balanced but he didn't scramble at all.

It was the same way when a starter RB got hurt and his back up came in. He played 10 times better then the starting RB, even though his ratings was very poor, 56 awareness, 57 BCV, etc. But yet he was running, juking, very damn good.

Another thing I noticed is I see way more big hits, leg tackles and different animations with no names then I do with names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »