Home

Do you accept job offers in cc or do you prefer to build up bad program to greatness?

This is a discussion on Do you accept job offers in cc or do you prefer to build up bad program to greatness? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #25
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Do you accept job offers in cc or do you prefer to build up bad program to greatn

I have every intention of starting and building up a team to greatness, but I usually get bored and quit playing and restart another dynasty. It's never a good thing. I am going to put my teambuilder team in and hope that I can stay focused. I also have a dynasty going with Temple that I started last night as the OC. I'd like to build them up and fill Lincoln Financial someday with Owls fans.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #26
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Do you accept job offers in cc or do you prefer to build up bad program to greatn

I have some seirous thinking to do right now. In year 3, im the OC for UNLV (been there since day 1) and we are 5-2 and looking for our first bowl game since ive been here. I have one more year after this on my contract, and the HC has 64% job security with 1 more year left. Now, i need to decide whether i want to stay for all 4 years and maybe get offered the HC at UNLV or after season 3, take a HC spot at a similar school in terms of record. Suggestions?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
I have some seirous thinking to do right now. In year 3, im the OC for UNLV (been there since day 1) and we are 5-2 and looking for our first bowl game since ive been here. I have one more year after this on my contract, and the HC has 64% job security with 1 more year left. Now, i need to decide whether i want to stay for all 4 years and maybe get offered the HC at UNLV or after season 3, take a HC spot at a similar school in terms of record. Suggestions?
Well follow your gut. What interests you more. HC and be in full control or OC and just have a minor role in your teams performance.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #28
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

OVR: 5

Started out as the OC of Louisiana Lafayette. Year one I went 6-7 (bowl loss), year 2 I went 5-7, and year three I went 6-6 (no bowl). At the end of year 3 I got offered the HC job at 1* Minnesota. It's a one year contract and there is absolutely no way I can fill these goals. For example, I have to win 100% of my rivalry games.... this includes preseason #1 Wisconsin, #14 Iowa, Michigan, and #20 Penn State. I'll be lucky to win 1
Old 07-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #29
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Well I've completed one year so far as the OC for Temple, I'd prefer to stick with them until I get more desirable OC job (I enjoy not having to play defense, as it speeds up the game time).

The problem is my new contract offer is for 3 years and the game says I won't be able to accept any offers during that time. So I may wind up taking another OC job so I'm not locked in for 3 years. Its lame because OCs, DCs and even HCs often break contract to take a better gig even if they recently signed an extension with their team. Is there any possibility that this is just something that is said, not something that actually gets enforced, because I'd really like to stay with Temple until the desirable HC offers start coming in, as opposed to being a nomad OC; spending only a year with each team as I wait to up my rating and for new offers.

To answer the question, I will likely spend the most time with my "ranking up" dynasty, where I start out as a OC (at Temple) and go through my career rebuilding programs. I'll definitely have a Georgia Tech dynasty, and will likely do a complete rebuild with Washington State (sweet uniforms, and they are crappy enough to where it would be a major rebuild).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »