Home

Coaches Moving around

This is a discussion on Coaches Moving around within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Coaches Moving around

What are some crazy story lines that have happened in your dynasty? Crazy coaching changes? Coaching changes you'd love to have happen in real life? Thought it would be fun to share some cool stories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Coaches Moving around

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen1090
What are some crazy story lines that have happened in your dynasty? Crazy coaching changes? Coaching changes you'd love to have happen in real life? Thought it would be fun to share some cool stories.

I'm in year 4 of my dynasty. My first year: I was OC for ULM. Then the next two years I was HC for Memphis. I was offered the HC job for Clemson and took it after winning the CUSA twice at Memphis.

Well, Mississippi State, under Dan Mullen, was coming off a crazy 13-1 season...winning the SEC and Sugar Bowl. Dan Mullen then accepts the CONNECTICUT job. I was a little taken back by that. lol
Old 07-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12

Charlie Weis became the Florida Atalntic head coach after the first season but then going into the 4th season Brian Kelly was Fired and Notre Dame hired Weis again. I can just imagine what all the notre dame faithful would be doing if this ever happened again lol
Old 07-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah on my dynasty Charlie Weis went back to Notre Dame as OC.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

I wonder if Weis moving to ND has anything to do with the alma mater thing? I haven't edited any coaches yet (haven't started dynasty yet, either) so I don't even know if it is an option for CPU coaches. If it is, Weis is an ND alum so maybe that's why it happens...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharp14
Charlie Weis became the Florida Atalntic head coach after the first season but then going into the 4th season Brian Kelly was Fired and Notre Dame hired Weis again. I can just imagine what all the notre dame faithful would be doing if this ever happened again lol
I'm a Notre Dame fan and I just threw up in my mouth
Old 07-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

In year 2 I was OC at Baylor and we went 14-0(Robert Griffeth is a beast) and won the National Championship, Arizona State went 10-3 and they fired their Head Coach(who became the Head Coach at Illinois) and they hired me as the Head Coach to a one year contract
Old 07-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Needless to say, I think the logic of the carousel needs a little (lot) of tuning. There are far too many unrealistic coaching changes. I know, I know, sometimes there are real life head scratchers, but not like this game has. I have seen Steve Kragthorpe go back to Louisville, Al Groh go back to Virginia, and Weis take over at Notre Dame. There needs to be some kind of logic in there to stop that crap from happening. Plus, the contracts are bad. Jeez, I'm just going to stop before rant ensues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »