Home

Wildcat virtually useless this year

This is a discussion on Wildcat virtually useless this year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Wildcat virtually useless this year

Has anyone else noticed how terrible the wildcat plays out this year? Last year it worked a little TOO well, and now i'm barely managing 5 yards when I use it. Most of the time i get hit for a 1 or 3 (only those 2 numbers) yard loss. Its really annoying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Wildcat virtually useless this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetarguy
Has anyone else noticed how terrible the wildcat plays out this year? Last year it worked a little TOO well, and now i'm barely managing 5 yards when I use it. Most of the time i get hit for a 1 or 3 (only those 2 numbers) yard loss. Its really annoying
I can't do much with it either but I hope that with practice I will get better (like the option)..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 23

Pretty much half of the plays in this game simply don't work. Many of the run play simply aren't programmed correctly and the OL doesn't block the correct person (ie- he wants to get to the 2nd level without blocking the guy at the 1st level)

Just like Madden and NCAA games of the past, after a few weeks of being out, everyone will be running the same exact plays they've been running for years in EA football games... Slants, Drags, Seem routes...

psn - CeeGee
Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

The Wildcat has been useless every year, offline atleast.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Pretty much half of the plays in this game simply don't work. Many of the run play simply aren't programmed correctly and the OL doesn't block the correct person (ie- he wants to get to the 2nd level without blocking the guy at the 1st level)

Just like Madden and NCAA games of the past, after a few weeks of being out, everyone will be running the same exact plays they've been running for years in EA football games... Slants, Drags, Seem routes...
This. Although I'm an offline player, one of the many draws of a college football game is to try out all of the different play styles and when half dont even work right, it loses its appeal. Typical EA though, they worry more about profit than putting out good games. Even their alright games like this are marginalized by thier ineptitude, or greed, or whatever the hell their problem is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

I can understand why the wildcat has been "nerfed" for online play... for instance, someone using the "HB" as the QB and instead of passing, they run the ball with the faster player... but can't they just leave it alone for the people who play offline? I want to be able to run out of the wildcat pass, instead of the guy standing there holding the ball like he is going to throw it... can't get away from defenders who rush.

this is why i don't use the wildcat at all.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

The Wildcat doesn't work for the same reason running from Shotgun formations is worthless in this game. The snap/handoff animations take WAAAAAAY too long to complete, so by the time you have control of the ballcarrier, there are already 3 defenders in the backfield. This, combined with the fact that the CPU defenders are able to tell exactly what play you're running the instant you snap the ball, enables them to be in exactly the correct position to stop your play before it even has a chance to get going.

Same problem it's been for 3 or 4 years, actually, but it might be even worse this year.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
The Wildcat doesn't work for the same reason running from Shotgun formations is worthless in this game. The snap/handoff animations take WAAAAAAY too long to complete, so by the time you have control of the ballcarrier, there are already 3 defenders in the backfield. This, combined with the fact that the CPU defenders are able to tell exactly what play you're running the instant you snap the ball, enables them to be in exactly the correct position to stop your play before it even has a chance to get going.

Same problem it's been for 3 or 4 years, actually, but it might be even worse this year.
I agree with the Wildcat being garbage. I don't have it in my playbook anymore, but I have no problem running from the shotgun, so I don't know what you are talking about there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »