Home

Dynasty: Recruiting as Coordinator

This is a discussion on Dynasty: Recruiting as Coordinator within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
Rookie

RamzaLugria's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon5 Dynasty: Recruiting as Coordinator

I just started my dynasty as an offensive coordinator and was curious how everyone else was approaching recruiting as I noticed it will let you recruit same as always.
Seems kinda unrealistic. So are you doing it all yourself or setting things up and then letting the computer do the rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Dynasty: Recruiting as Coordinator

In my first year as Army Offensive Coordinator and the way I approached it was:

Allowed myself to put 4-5 offensive players on the recruiting board (to simulate asking a head coach to take a look at a couple guys for my offense)
Set the offensive recruiting position types to fit my offense
Only allowed myself to set one offensive position as high recruiting focus
Only red-shirted offensive positions and only if they were freshmen

Turn on all the assists and simulate recruiting every week (I don't dictate one minute of recruiting manually). My gameplay and recruiting is set to Heisman.

So far the cpu recruiting has signed a 3* Tackle and a 2* HB that were two of my five that I originally requested. The other three have already signed elsewhere.

It also signed a 3* ATH so I am going to have to think about how I am going to determine if I or the defense gets him. Considering we are 0-10 and giving up 35-40 per game I may hand him over to the D without much thought.

I love not having control over it. Makes it fun to watch week to week what your recruiter is able to do and start thinking about how you can use what he gets you. Will also make it that much more rewarding to move up to head man and be able to have full control.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 07-21-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Doing it all myself. The computer sucks at recruiting
Old 07-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

mkita24's Arena

If I'm OC then I just recruit offense. I leave CPU scholarships and visits on so they can recruit some defense.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I like the idea of only recruiting your players, but there seems to be a problem when setting the CPU to recruit. I haven't run any tests, but here are my concerns.

Let's say I put CPU recruiting assist on. I only recruit defensive players as I am D-Coordinator. I spend 5 hours on recruiting my players and leave 5 hours for the CPU to recruit offensive players. I only add my players to the recruiting board.

1. How do I tell the CPU to only add offensive players to the recruiting board? Won't the CPU add both offense and defensive players?

2. Will the CPU take some of my guys off the recruiting board? I've seen in past games when I accidentally left CPU recruiting assist on, I come back to the board and the CPU took off some guys I put on and added many more guys.

If we can somehow make the CPU only add recruits from Def or Off and not mess with my recruits, this might work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

xfactor's Arena

OVR: 2

It is not unrealistic for a coordinator to recruit players. Now they may not be doing outside of their realm of control, but they do it. I have a friend who is a grad assistant coach and they actual go recruit as well. The idea of only recruiting for the side of the ball that you control and letting the comp to the rest is a great one, and I have been thinking about doing the same...just not sure I trust the cpu to do it right, but that the crap shoot you take. Great question and great response. It's always good to see peeps doing that
Old 07-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
Rookie

In real life Offensive Coaches and Defensive Coaches recruit on both sides of the ball. As far as red shirting that is the HC's call imo.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
Rookie

xfactor's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzinc
In real life Offensive Coaches and Defensive Coaches recruit on both sides of the ball. As far as red shirting that is the HC's call imo.

Especially if they are recruiting an athlete, and many coaches have expertise on both sides of the ball, they just happened to get a job coaching one or the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »