Home

Is It Me, Or Does The CPU Blitz A Lot?

This is a discussion on Is It Me, Or Does The CPU Blitz A Lot? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is It Me, Or Does The CPU Blitz A Lot?

I just got the game, so it could be that I don't have enough games under my belt, but my lord does the CPU blitz a lot. When I say a lot, I mean like 70% of the time. Bump that up to 80% when I call a run play. Other than this, I'm loving the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is It Me, Or Does The CPU Blitz A Lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubz
I just got the game, so it could be that I don't have enough games under my belt, but my lord does the CPU blitz a lot. When I say a lot, I mean like 70% of the time. Bump that up to 80% when I call a run play. Other than this, I'm loving the game.
Yea.. the CPU kind knows what type of play your running.. I do gotta say.. if you use run plays with pre snap motion (the green lines) then I have found the cpu does not know... that your running the ball... I mean, whenever i call a run with a blocker in motion pre-snap, then the cpu is in zone, or pass coverage, and dont mob you at the LOS.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

played against Ohio State as Colorado...

Kept track of the LB/CB/S blitzes.

I ran 74 offensive plays, not including punts/xp

Ohio State blitzed at least 1 person on 63/75 plays. LB blitzes were 52/63, CB's were 7/63 and S were 4/63

Equates to an 84% blitz percentage. As somone who's watched Ohio State alot over the years...there's NO WAY they blitz that much. I think they are one of least blitzing teams because the DL is so strong and come in at about 27%.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Strmtrp's Arena

This does seem to be the case. They also seem to like to run all out blitzes and engage eight far too often for some reason.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

So is there any way to fix this with sliders? Does it have to do with the aggressive slider for the coaches' strategies?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
So is there any way to fix this with sliders? Does it have to do with the aggressive slider for the coaches' strategies?

I would love to know the answer to this.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I could be wrong, but I've never noticed sliders fixing this. It has more to do with the plays the CPU calls, and those aren't affected by sliders. It's been a problem for years. Honestly, I think it's EA's way of leveling the playing field.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think the aggressiveness slider on coach profiles helps. I ran a few games where I turned the CPU pass defense to max pass with least agressiveness and they still blitzed almost every down. For that matter, I did the same with my team and on my "Ask Coach" playcalls I still had a blitz play given to me almost every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »