Home

"Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on "Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: "Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTrouble
I just don't understand why WRs can't attack the ball the same way the DBs do.
well the problem is most people tend to lower the WR catch slider...

if you use it up higher above 50 you'll see the WR's react more aggressive going after the ball also set your strategy for catching to aggressive

But the side effect to that is because the DB play is sub par it'll make passing way too easy

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
What they really need to do is mocap 11 on 11 and just let them play naturally. Problem with the interaction is that every thing is staged on a 1 on 1 level. That is why in the line interaction you have 2 or 3 people on the line doing the same move at the same time. Or they take the same path to the QB at the same time.

For all the talk about the new bull rush animation, I have yet to see the cpu do it against me in over 45 games now. The only move I see the cpu use to win against the offensive line is the rip move.

Not we should see it all the time, but no way a person who much stronger then the blocker should they be getting stone walled. And DEs need more variation to their path of the QB.

As it stands now they only rush to the outside of the Tackle, they never rush to the inside. Should be more varied.

And the special team line interaction needs to be overhauled. On punts and FG attempts, there is no rush up the middle. Defenders just get stone walled like it is an invisible force field there.

CPU shows no type of aggression. I mean what is the point of having a special team rating for schools if it doesn't mean anything ? FGs need to be blocked, Punts needs to be blocked.

There needs to be some bad snaps on punts. Punter bobble the ball, miss the ball when kicking, or the ball sails over his head. or ball skips off the ground on the snap. For FGs it needs to be the same way, with bad holds too.

Special team kicking is just too automatic. No threat what so ever. It has been many times the cpu came out in an all out punt block and I came out in a regular punt formation.

Nobody from the cpu came pass my line. That is unrealstic, if you see more guys then blockers, some people should be getting through. But nobody got through.

There is no difference between a 33 awareness kicker or punter from a 93 awareness kicker or punter. They both kick the same way in a smooth motion, robotically.

Robo kicking.
I've always thought that they should mocap an NFL teams practice but it seems kind of unreasonable.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i definately agree that WR need to attack the ball, however on the curl routes 99% of the time the user and the cpu throws too late. becuase the drop isn't timed right or we hesitate

but jump balls need to be adressed

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

The major focus for 13 should be mo capped animations. Tons more at every position and every skill set. This and traits/tendencies.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #21
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i definately agree that WR need to attack the ball, however on the curl routes 99% of the time the user and the cpu throws too late. becuase the drop isn't timed right or we hesitate

but jump balls need to be adressed
I notice that on curl routes, if you throw it too early, it'll be quite inaccurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 02:02 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj7298419
I notice that on curl routes, if you throw it too early, it'll be quite inaccurate.
Because the WR changes to a streak and you get picked...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'll disagree in that I don't see a big improvement in cpu AI. I don't think it's changed much at all and still has a long ways to go in terms of play selection, clock management and getting the ball to their best players on offense.

The WRs definitely need to be more aggressive but I think another problem is that the cpu doesn't get the ball into the hands of their better pass catchers. If the cpu has a great receiver, just double or shade coverage to him and he'll do nothing. That's not realistic as teams do this in real life but the great WRs still play well. Justin Blackmon had at least 100 yards receiving in every game last year but he does next to nothing in the game if you shade coverage his way. Just play a game against Okie St or any team with a great WR and you can easily take them out of the game. I don't think the cpu is programmed to look for their better receivers.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #24
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

LOL I was just saying this the other night. Wide Receivers are absolute idiots in the game. The DBs have some idea that the object of the game is to go get the ball, but the receivers just run around unaware of everything going on around them. I can't count how many times a receiver is open if they keep running, I lead them, and they stop for no reason or just watch the ball sail right past them. Makes me miss the playmaker button, LOL. But honestly, passing has become very frustrating because of how the corners dominate the wideouts and it seems that it's because of a lack of animation for the receivers. They may be the least aggressive/aware players on the game. People praise it because it makes it more challenging, but I find myself just shaking my head/cursing because the linebackers have better ball skills then the highly rated, tall, suppose -to -be -physical receivers.

I have read posters say they don't control the receivers when they play the game. I honestly have no clue how they do that. I HAVE to take control of the receivers so I won't end up throwing 7 picks with a 30% completion percentage.

Because of it, I refuse to throw curl routes unless the corner is in a very deep zone. I got tired of trying to time a curl (throwing it just before the receiver makes his break) and watching the receiver stand there like an idiot while the corner jumps it for an easy pick. It's a useless route on the game because the receivers don't come back to the ball or even seem to be aware that I'm timing the route for them.

I agree that they need to implement interactions between the OL/DL and the WR/CB.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-28-2011 at 06:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »