Home

Hilariously bad issues with dynasty/RTG

This is a discussion on Hilariously bad issues with dynasty/RTG within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hilariously bad issues with dynasty/RTG

Wondering if anyone else noticed these problems.
In my first game of RTG, Oregon (my team) is up 16-14 with 50 seconds left on the LSU 25 yd line. LSU just used their last timeout. What follows is just plain terrible. Oregon runs for the first down, should be game over. Little did I know that the computer would decide to kneel twice and kick a fg in the next 20 seconds and decide NOT to let the clock run out for the win. What happens next? Oregon kicks the ball off with 4 seconds remaining only to see LSU return the ball for the game winning TD!!! I couldn't believe that the supersim logic could be so terrible.

Also in my dynasty after winning back to back championships in my 4th and 5th years at Auburn, my pitch rating for championship contender is still at an A, while Bama and OSU, good teams but they havemt even competed for the conference title since the 3rd year of my dynasty, are higher at an A+. Makes it really hard to recruit against them. Oh, and my TV exposure rating inexplicably dropped from an A to a C+.
/endrant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

domcolosi's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Hilariously bad issues with dynasty/RTG

Your first issue isn't a problem with playcalling logic, it's an issue with supersim. It seems incapable of running down the playclock for some reason. In RTG games, when not simming, you see the same problem. The CPU knows to call a kneel, but that kneel only drains a couple of seconds, and that confuses things.

Hopefully they'll be able to patch supersim to drain more clock (for all plays, not just kneels). If not (or until then), I recommend you take over for your squad at the end of games to prevent this. You'll have to "play along" when you're on the opposite side, of course, and purposely not score if the CPU should have kneeled it.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah, I've seen the CPU call two QB kneels, then a run play (?), and then punt the ball back to the other team on 4th down when it should have run out the clock.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

the TV Exposure rating is definitely busted for user controlled team, really all EA had to do was not touch this code that figures this out...but apparently that's too difficult
Old 07-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

I lost several HS games in RTG becasue of their lack of wanting to kick FG within ten yards of the endzone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyweebs4
Wondering if anyone else noticed these problems.
In my first game of RTG, Oregon (my team) is up 16-14 with 50 seconds left on the LSU 25 yd line. LSU just used their last timeout. What follows is just plain terrible. Oregon runs for the first down, should be game over. Little did I know that the computer would decide to kneel twice and kick a fg in the next 20 seconds and decide NOT to let the clock run out for the win. What happens next? Oregon kicks the ball off with 4 seconds remaining only to see LSU return the ball for the game winning TD!!! I couldn't believe that the supersim logic could be so terrible.

Also in my dynasty after winning back to back championships in my 4th and 5th years at Auburn, my pitch rating for championship contender is still at an A, while Bama and OSU, good teams but they havemt even competed for the conference title since the 3rd year of my dynasty, are higher at an A+. Makes it really hard to recruit against them. Oh, and my TV exposure rating inexplicably dropped from an A to a C+.
/endrant
+ Rep.

Right on, man.

RTG is driving me crazy, because I have lost a number of games now, because
of bad time management, or stupid playcalling.

I just wrote about it here ---> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-needed.html
Old 07-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
Banned

belucheez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo's corked Bat
I lost several HS games in RTG becasue of their lack of wanting to kick FG within ten yards of the endzone.
Yep... and in RTG if it is 4 down and 2 or less yards they go for it on 4th.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Supersim has killed me too.
There has been games where teams have ran a 10 play drive for a winning touchdown. with like 40 seconds left in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »