Home

Pocket Scout™ College Football 2012 (v3.0) PC

This is a discussion on Pocket Scout™ College Football 2012 (v3.0) PC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #41
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Pocket Scout™ College Football 2012 (v3.0) PC

I notice that there's a section for coaching stuff. Are you going to revamp it with the rest of the dynasty stuff? Is that even in the CSV/Hex?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #42
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
There is a player calculator feature that will allow you to input the recruits information and it will tell you his rating range. You can download the FREE Edition in the first post to see how it works.
Ok. thanks I appreciate it! I think its pretty cool that you do this every year. Seems like a pretty great program and everyone loves it. Do you think sometime in the future, maybe in the next couple NCAA's, youll be able to do all the features for the PS3 too?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #43
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I notice that there's a section for coaching stuff. Are you going to revamp it with the rest of the dynasty stuff? Is that even in the CSV/Hex?
That is legacy stuff brought over from 11. With coaching contracts actually making it into 12 online dynasties its kinda irrelevant at this point. The coaching data is present in the save files, but at this point I working on developing a new yearly almanac type app for OD's that will make a yearly webpage with a ton on info on the season. No promises as its still in the very early stages of just playing around with SQLite, but things are looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Ok. thanks I appreciate it! I think its pretty cool that you do this every year. Seems like a pretty great program and everyone loves it. Do you think sometime in the future, maybe in the next couple NCAA's, youll be able to do all the features for the PS3 too?
I don't believe it will happen on this generation of consoles as ps3 encrypts its save files. The 360 is unencrypted, so the data just has to be observed and translated into a readable format. Getting the data from the ps3 requires bypassing "a security device" and would open me up to being sued under the DMCA.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bought it. Love it. Wish there was still an iPad or iPhone app I could get though. If, hypothetically, someone's iDevice was jailbroken would there be a way to get the old iPhone app?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #45
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
That is legacy stuff brought over from 11. With coaching contracts actually making it into 12 online dynasties its kinda irrelevant at this point. The coaching data is present in the save files, but at this point I working on developing a new yearly almanac type app for OD's that will make a yearly webpage with a ton on info on the season. No promises as its still in the very early stages of just playing around with SQLite, but things are looking good.
I see what you're saying. That almanac thing sounds fantastic.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #46
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammage
Bought it. Love it. Wish there was still an iPad or iPhone app I could get though. If, hypothetically, someone's iDevice was jailbroken would there be a way to get the old iPhone app?
If you can find it floating around out there, go for it. But I don't have the source code for it anymore as it was still on the Mac when i sold it and never backed it up. Also I don't have it on my phone so I am not much help there.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #47
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I see what you're saying. That almanac thing sounds fantastic.
All the stuff I write is for me personally, thats why I still not sure of a madden app since I don't play it. The recruiting app is something I want and use extensively so I figured I would make it public for everyone else.

I love doing just single player online dynasties for the ability to recruit online and just have all the info sitting there for me at anytime. The only problem is it only keeps one season at a time. I understand its space requirement stuff on there end and I'm fine with that. With that said i want my history and since they give me good csv files I am brewing something up
Old 07-30-2011, 03:04 AM   #48
Rookie

Swolecat's Arena

OVR: 1

I just bought it. Great application bro, I can't believe I haven't come across it before now. Anybody who has a dynasty of any kind should definitely get your application!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »