Home

Pre-Patch Gameplay

This is a discussion on Pre-Patch Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Patch Gameplay

patch 1 ans 2 merge so its all one patch
Old 07-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
patch 1 ans 2 merge so its all one patch
Ah yea, I guess that is true. Haven't bought an older game in awhile so I always got the updates one by one, not all at once. Eh, I'll do my testing. If pre-patch gameplay is really that improved, maybe the transition won't be terrible.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 20

I deleted the patch to check if the game looked any better without it (it didn't), and I swear it was the weirdest game I've ever played. My QB rushed for over 200 yards in the first half, and the AI QB threw for over 500 yards and 6 TDs by the time the game was over. 50-47 final. Bleh.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

Now try it again with Rob's Heisman Sliders
Old 07-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I deleted the patch to check if the game looked any better without it (it didn't), and I swear it was the weirdest game I've ever played. My QB rushed for over 200 yards in the first half, and the AI QB threw for over 500 yards and 6 TDs by the time the game was over. 50-47 final. Bleh.
If he was your QB, wouldn't you have been controlling the playcalling/him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Sliders...

It's not a placebo. I actually picked OSU, played day and night, looked at different cameras in replay. Deleted the patch, did the same thing. The difference is obvious if you look for it. We're not talking like massive visual overhaul without the patch, but it sounds like that is what you are looking for. It's just little details. I was hoping I'd get lucky and see some improvements on TB fields, but no luck there :/

It's your opionion. I didn't see any difference.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

Definitely placebo in my opinion, both in the graphics and gameplay department. The biggest gameplay difference is going back to unnamed rosters... And that's where I'm staying until this bug is fixed...
Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It's your opionion. I didn't see any difference.
Like I said, do what I did, if you don't actually see a difference, then it's your eyes. OSU helmets, night game. Patch and no patch. With patch, it's a gray mirror, no other way to describe it. Without patch, it is more glittery, no longer can I see a full reflection of the stadium like I do with the helmets of other teams that don't have that shimmery metallic look to them.

People are looking for dramatic changes as if their menus won't be fuzzy and magic 1080p graphics will be everywhere! Not going to happen, but there are minor visual changes that have been seen by others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »