Home

Pre-Patch Gameplay

This is a discussion on Pre-Patch Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #25
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pre-Patch Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It's your opionion. I didn't see any difference.
It's not just his opinion. There is a visual difference pre- and post-patch. It's most apparent with the Ohio State example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

Ok so the Buckeyes helmet is shiny that would be cool perhaps they can add that back in for the next patch.

The other thing I am curious about is the field and uniform degradation over the course of a game. Is it much more prevalent pre patch?? Post patch I hardly see many uniforms getting messed up or the grass being "torn" up through the course of the game. These are little things I know but they were said to be in the game.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
Ok so the Buckeyes helmet is shiny that would be cool perhaps they can add that back in for the next patch.

The other thing I am curious about is the field and uniform degradation over the course of a game. Is it much more prevalent pre patch?? Post patch I hardly see many uniforms getting messed up or the grass being "torn" up through the course of the game. These are little things I know but they were said to be in the game.
I'm going to try to get some gameplay testing in at some point today pending time so I will make sure to play a game on grass. I see field degradation with the patch, but it's rather meh. I'll see if it's any different.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #28
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm still waiting for visual proof from SECElite and others who have seen differences pre and post patch.

If you guys show some pics, I will def delete all my files.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj7298419
I'm still waiting for visual proof from SECElite and others who have seen differences pre and post patch.

If you guys show some pics, I will def delete all my files.
You don't have to delete all your files; on PS3 I just went to game data and deleted. My PS3 saves were fine. 360 has a way but I don't remember it. Not going to bother me if you don't play without it, but like I said, the visuals on OSU are obvious. But if you are looking for dramatic visual improvements, you aren't going to get them. These are subtle.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #30
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Remember how there was a big controversy over Killzone 2 when they showed a trailer that was supposed to be real gameplay and it looked amazing and then the real game was just a regular looking FPS (i never played the game, so i'm just going by what i've heard about this)? Isn't this kind of like a workaround for that on EA's part? Show off the great visuals and lighting and the field deterioration and dirty uniforms, knowing full well the game won't play up to snuff with those features, then patch those things out for the game day 1 and hope nobody calls you out on it...that's the one thing that i've been bothered by since the game came out. It's shady to a whole new level, gives you great stuff to show at e3 and in all the video previews and hands-ons, then just take it back out and go back to the same graphics from the year before...if that's true (hard to prove i suppose), then that is borderline criminal to me...
Old 07-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
It's not just his opinion. There is a visual difference pre- and post-patch. It's most apparent with the Ohio State example.
And there's others that share my opinion. What's the difference? I don't see a difference. I also don't see the LB vertical leap being any different.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #32
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

When it comes to certain visual aspects, there's no opinion necessary. It's self evident that there is a distinct visual difference with a few of the helmets. Someone posted comparison pictures at one point, so it's really just a matter of using your eyeballs or not using them.

Linebackers are a different story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »