Home

Receivers dropping passes after contact

This is a discussion on Receivers dropping passes after contact within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #17
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Receivers dropping passes after contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Don't lead your WR into a hit. The only slider I have not touched in my set is USER and CPU catching and I doubt I will. I am not seeing too many drops unless I lead a player into a big hit, which then they should more than likely drop it, but not always, and the game has reflected that nearly perfectly to me.

Te problem is it isn't a hit, its incidental contact that the reciever drops the ball as hes falling, its not a big hit jarring the ball loose
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I see this problem all the time, mostly on curl routes. I will throw a curl, my WR will just sit there rather than come back to the ball and the DB, who is just sitting right behind him will hit him and it will come loose. The problem isn't so much that the contact causes the drop, it is that the receivers are in a position to draw contact to begin with.

They should be coming back to the ball. That alone would stop a majority of the contact drops. But the game just isn't programmed that way.
Yes, exactly. I don't have much of a problem with drops caused by contact other than on curl routes. The receiver should be catching the ball and looking to turn upfield (so he'll have a little momentum when he catches the ball). In this game the receiver just sort of sits there waiting to either fall on his butt or get him from behind.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #19
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio865
What is the impact player icon for then? My go 2 guy is an impact player and he drops these passes too often. No clutch factor at all in this game and it sickens me.
Go ahead and fix the sliders so it's more realistic for you then. That is why they are there. Remember to upgrade the CPU as well for even more realism.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #20
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I noticed it too, turn User WR catch up with the slider until it's less or a problem and turn CPU WR catch down if you're noticing you can never knock the ball out on them. I did this and it made a world of difference, and i always try to avoid using sliders if at all possible.
What about for people who buy this game for online play? In Online Head to Head Ranked matches you can't adjust sliders. I always see ppl quick to answer "just change the sliders and you'll be fine." For me people like me though, all the "Super LB's" and "Psychic DB's" and "WR dropping passes after you get hit" you just gotta deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I would rather see 25 drops a game than 0 or 1.
I wouldn't. Sucks when I finally complete a somewhat deep pass, only to see my sure-handed receiver who has a 92 catch rating drop the ball on a 3rd and 10 curl route.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #21
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

The catch slider is one of the few that actually works. Tweak it to resolve the issue, finding balance is tough but you can easily stop the frustration you're experiencing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I love how it is. People would bitch if wr's caught everything so yet another 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' for EA.
Game plays fine with adjusted sliders.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #23
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I love how it is. People would bitch if wr's caught everything so yet another 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' for EA.
Game plays fine with adjusted sliders.
Yep. People seem to call everything that they don't understand a glitch (CPU Always Picks To Kick Off, Too Many Drops, etc)
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

My game is jekyl and hyde. My last game my receivers dropped everything, including after a hit, just letting it bounce off their helmets, and plain dropping a wide open pass without a defender around.

Definitely frustrating when it happens.

More frustrating is the CPU pass defense is always RIGHT on top of your WR after he catches a ball, leading to few and far between run-after-catch opportunities on anything except a deep ball

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »