Home

Receivers dropping passes after contact

This is a discussion on Receivers dropping passes after contact within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Rookie

Antonio865's Arena

OVR: 1
Receivers dropping passes after contact

Why does this happen 90% of the time? My #1 guy known for his hands drops these all the time on 3rd downs. This really pisses me off because its so unrealistic. Receivers get hit its not unreal to catch a pass and hold on while getting tackled EA WATCH A FOOTBALL GAME FOR ONCE!!!! This is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Receivers dropping passes after contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio865
Why does this happen 90% of the time? My #1 guy known for his hands drops these all the time on 3rd downs. This really pisses me off because its so unrealistic. Receivers get hit its not unreal to catch a pass and hold on while getting tackled EA WATCH A FOOTBALL GAME FOR ONCE!!!! This is ridiculous.
I noticed it too, turn User WR catch up with the slider until it's less or a problem and turn CPU WR catch down if you're noticing you can never knock the ball out on them. I did this and it made a world of difference, and i always try to avoid using sliders if at all possible.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio865
I found it to be pretty realistic. Maybe a tad bit too many drops, but definatly way better than any other year.

I would rather see 25 drops a game than 0 or 1.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think i found the point of the problem actually. On some of the plays in which this happens there is a programming error and I don't know if this is it.

Anyways on some catches where there is a defender right next to your receiver watch what happens and sometimes the receiver will drop the ball to instead block the defender instead. He will catch it and hold it for half a second and then the ball will drop out as he goes into a blocking animation as if it was a screen or a run play.

It happens about half the time for me which means if they patched this little programming error the dropped passes wouldnt seem nearly as ridiculous
Old 07-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #5
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I found it to be pretty realistic. Maybe a tad bit too many drops, but definatly way better than any other year.

I would rather see 25 drops a game than 0 or 1.
really? so u think 25 drops a game is more realistic than 1? even tho the average number of drops per game in real life is probably around 3-5.

Last edited by tetoleetd; 07-22-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Antonio865's Arena

What is the impact player icon for then? My go 2 guy is an impact player and he drops these passes too often. No clutch factor at all in this game and it sickens me.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
Rookie

^ I am assuming your talking about Griner? I am Arizona in my OD and he does drop a lot. I played South Carolina and they absolutely shut him down he prolly had 10 drops and could not get open. His stats are pretty good too.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

set your catching to conservative. It helps alot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »