Home

How do you advance to Championship Week?

This is a discussion on How do you advance to Championship Week? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5
How do you advance to Championship Week?

I just finished playing week 8 and decided that I'd sim ahead to see what the coaching carousel was like. So, I told it to advance to Championship Week. I walked away and came back and it was sitting on Week 15. I figured no big deal so I hit advance week again. The advance week window popped up and it was doing something then it took me right back to week 15. I tried it again a few times it did the same thing. I then decided to go over to the scores/schedules section and sure enough...none of the games had been played. I then figured I'd just sim all the games individually. I told it to sim game and the next screen that pops up is the game information screen that shows the teams overall/offense/defensive ratings and season stats. I then back out of that screen and it ended up simming the 3rd game on the schedule. I then tried to sim another game and it took me back to the game information screen, but didn't sim any games. I finally just gave up and turned the system off.

Is there a new way to advance to Championship Week this year that I'm missing or is this just another bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
I just finished playing week 8 and decided that I'd sim ahead to see what the coaching carousel was like. So, I told it to advance to Championship Week. I walked away and came back and it was sitting on Week 15. I figured no big deal so I hit advance week again. The advance week window popped up and it was doing something then it took me right back to week 15. I tried it again a few times it did the same thing. I then decided to go over to the scores/schedules section and sure enough...none of the games had been played. I then figured I'd just sim all the games individually. I told it to sim game and the next screen that pops up is the game information screen that shows the teams overall/offense/defensive ratings and season stats. I then back out of that screen and it ended up simming the 3rd game on the schedule. I then tried to sim another game and it took me back to the game information screen, but didn't sim any games. I finally just gave up and turned the system off.

Is there a new way to advance to Championship Week this year that I'm missing or is this just another bug?
The sim engine is broken. I and several people here apparently are stuck in week 15 on the offline dynasty. I am trying to manually play the rest of the schedule to see if it will let me advance. Very disappointed in this.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

MisterRowland's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been having the same issue. I went in to each game and used supersim. I was hoping that after the last game completed it would advance the week but I'm still stuck in week 15.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I've gone through about 5 or 6 different dynasties and maybe a dozen seasons testing my historical stuff. I've always gotten by championship week. You guys making like 6 superconferences?
Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I've gone through about 5 or 6 different dynasties and maybe a dozen seasons testing my historical stuff. I've always gotten by championship week. You guys making like 6 superconferences?
I didn't use any custom conferences at all and I'm not using a teambuilder team.

I did, however, press the button to "create a random schedule" back in the preseason menu. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I mean...the game is literally stuck in Week 15. You can't advance forward or sim any games or do anything, but look at stats and standings. It's 100% broken at the moment. I'm at work now, but when I get a chance later tonight I'll boot it back up and try again. Luckily I turned auto save off when I tried to sim ahead, so my save file is still in week 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I've done random schedules several times as well. Added teambuilders, not used teambuilder teams. No idea what is causing it then. This year, it seems some people are plagued, and others like myself have no issues. My game has frozen once on the first day and that was it. I don't get bad schedules with custom conferences. Anything like that.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Rookie

MisterRowland's Arena

OVR: 1
The only thing I adjusted on my dynasty was I did a custom schedule for my team.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

what causing the game to freeze up is the scheduling along with messing conference rules.

It happen to me if you change anything make sure your not playing on week 15 which should be a bowl game. Your last game should be week 14 always.

Before you start your season sim through it but don't save just to see if will let you past week 15. If it doesn't you can start over with out worrying about losing the time you invested.

Its kool to change the schedule and conference but u need to make sure all the games line up before week 15. also sometimes it schedules you games that isn't there also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »