Home

Something very strange (but awesome) happened in the offseason for me....

This is a discussion on Something very strange (but awesome) happened in the offseason for me.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Something very strange (but awesome) happened in the offseason for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phily915
I don't remember jim tressel paying players?!?!... Maybe you meant Gene Chizik...(or any SEC coach). But that's for another topic
LOL. Jim Tressel doesn't remember paying players either. Just like the OP said. I don't know why the guy wants to come here, but I'll happily take him.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

It is encouraging to see that as it actually happens IRL more than most people would think. USF has been pretty successful in landing some recruits over UF, FSU and Miami the last couple of years (i.e. Ryne Giddins & Elkino Watson) that were local, or in-state, products.

In fact, when Giddins was asked why he chose USF over the others, his response was: "Why not USF?" Showing that the big schools are not entitled to every recruit and some of them want to help build a legacy rather than latch on to one.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

In one season I needed two TE's and was able to sign two of them, but then at the end of the off-season recruiting, two more TE's, both 3 stars, chose to walk on. One was better then all the other TE's I had, and became an immediate starter.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I think someone needs to take a look at Miami of Ohio's book keeping. (In fact, both Miamis while were at at... There up to something down in Florida) I bet we will see a Journal Entry for a "University Vehicle" .... I bet the SS is driving around campus with a 100,000 Cadillac as we speak...
What can i say, i play to win...PERIOD lol

Old 07-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Was he from OH? This is actually encouraging!!! This means all the 5* don't pile on at about 8-9 schools.
If i remember correctly he was actually from Michigan
Old 07-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
It is encouraging to see that as it actually happens IRL more than most people would think. USF has been pretty successful in landing some recruits over UF, FSU and Miami the last couple of years (i.e. Ryne Giddins & Elkino Watson) that were local, or in-state, products.

In fact, when Giddins was asked why he chose USF over the others, his response was: "Why not USF?" Showing that the big schools are not entitled to every recruit and some of them want to help build a legacy rather than latch on to one.
No offense but, I have no idea why anyone would choose USF over any other school in Florida. USF is Half University/Half Community College. Compared too FSU and Miami, the guy must of been just plain stupid. The only reason why he would do that is for playing time probably.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #15
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I bet this happened because a few of the teams were at position maxes. Never seen it in any other year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #16
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredude02
No offense but, I have no idea why anyone would choose USF over any other school in Florida. USF is Half University/Half Community College. Compared too FSU and Miami, the guy must of been just plain stupid. The only reason why he would do that is for playing time probably.
As an alumnus of the university I will have to, respectfully, disagree with you. While USF has always had the reputation of a bit of a "commuter school," President Judy Genshaft has done an amazing job with the university. She has done a great job of giving the entire campus a makeover, improving the infrastructure, increasing academic standards for incoming freshman and has done a great job with fundraising.

The program is in a BCS conference, the program is just entering its 15th season and has made amazing progress in that time. It isn't about just playing time. Some kids generally want to stay (Giddins) and can now because there is a solid program in the area.

Overall, the school is really improving its academic record as well. It's not like it once was.

- The University of South Florida is one of the nation’s top public research universities and one of only 25 public research universities nationwide with very high research activity that is designated as community engaged by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.

- USF is one of only three Florida public universities classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research activities, a distinction attained by only 2.2 percent of all universities

- While Florida has established minimum admission standards for all state universities, USF's admission requirements are significantly more competitive

- The University of South Florida continued to show progress in the NCAA's most recent edition of the Academic Progress Rate (APR) report released on Tuesday, highlighted by the football program producing the largest improvement out of BCS schools for the second consecutive year. The 2011 APR report consists of multi-year data from 2006-07 through 2009-10

Last edited by RyanLeaf16; 07-22-2011 at 08:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »