Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #65
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
people laughed when i say they should consider putting a game out every other year to give them more time to work on things but are you really satisfied paying for a game with so many bugs/glitches/flaws as this game has?

I'm pretty pissed off that not only did they not improve as much as i expected them to AND did nothing to teambuilder (there is still a grey box for HS Stadium 2 on teambuilder website!!!!) but on top of that this game has a ridiculous amount of bugs & glitches as well as problems that have been in past games and mentioned thousands of times like Super LBs.

This game is a complete fail because any good they did with things is outweighed by the bad. Even something like coaching carousel is screwed up. You can no longer just select 12 teams right off the bat. You have to select 1 team, go to coach info and create a new coach to user control more teams. But when you do that you take away the coach's prestige. So if Nick Saban is an A+ for Coach Prestige, you have to create a new coach if you want to control Bama (and you selected a different team right off the bat) and when you do that the Prestige turns into a D.

Its frigging ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #66
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't edit recruits or use named rosters. And when I edit a recruit his tendency doesn't change. I was messing around with a bunch of 3rd stringers from different teams to test this out.
Thats because they already got changed when they went from the recruiting board to your roster. :P
Old 07-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #67
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Other than the psychic DBs (which ruined NCAA 11) I love NCAA 12.

I just wish that it didn't take multiple years to fix known issues.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #68
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
Other than the psychic DBs (which ruined NCAA 11) I love NCAA 12.

I just wish that it didn't take multiple years to fix known issues.
I think thats because people love the bells and whistles so they try and add some every year instead of focusing on fixing stuff to improve the previous year. Takes away from the dev time to fix stuff already in the game to put new stuff in basically.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #69
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

This is why I never bother reading any sort of reviews or opinions of OS staff; it's always flowery, glowing praise.

Like a few other people said, I like the game and I try to ignore the bugs but there's just so many. In the first year of my dynasty I had to play 10 conference games (in a 12 team conference) and ended up in a bowl game against 4-8 Minnesota. Then in the off season I was offered a job as the DC of North Texas despite being an offensive head coach in a BCS conference.

This isn't Mojang or Re-logic or another super small developer, EA makes way too much money to release a product with so many flaws.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I've only had one freeze so far, and that was in a game with my teambuilder team. All my other games with normal teams have been fine.

NHL 11 has been out forever and that game freezes a lot more for me.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus34
Coaching Carousel is useless after all the coaches go to A+ Prestige
Recruits come in with decent ratings but don't even have the same tendencies as the player you recruited
Starting as a recruiter IS Cool
The custom playbooks don't work
Recruiting menus don't effect anything
Custom playbooks work fine for me. How don't they work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Eh to be fair, #1 every football game has needed this, including the 2k series. #2 Although I have found myself using fewer and less radical slider adjustments this year than I have in just about any football game.

#3) The freezing issue is weird. I haven't had a freeze yet. But some get it consistently. Not sure what it causing it. If it was the game code, then theoretically it would happen to everyone. Bad batch of disks got pressed? Or some extra thing that some users do that some don't that cause it. I don't know.

If I had the freezing issue, that to me would be the ultimate exercise in frustration.
#1) I hear ya, but the truth is that they're progress of improvement seems to be going in different directions (to me!)

#2) I edit player ratings to enhance player mannerism, so as ratings are ajusted, so to does the sliders require the same to mesh with the ratings adjustments that are adjusted to levels outside of how the game generates the players.

This leads to constant Slider tweaking because of the ongoing issue with trying to get Option/Spread teams behaving accordingly during gameplay while balancing out the +/- effects on the other schemes.

#3) Is bad because you can't play the game if it doesn't run (no way of getting around this one)!!!

This makes the game "Defective", yet gamers can not take the game back and get a Refund or Exchange for a New Copy (according to your bad batch notation), which is the Honest/Proper Business option to provide vs waiting on the "Hope" fix of a Patch.

Again, depends on how big the effect of these issues on your gameplay/enjoyment, tends to be the driver of your +/- write-up of the game right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »