Home

See you in a couple months NCAA!

This is a discussion on See you in a couple months NCAA! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #73
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: See you in a couple months NCAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Apparently you never played NCAA 06.
Actually, that is my favorite football game of all time, but it's not the greatest.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #74
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
Cocaine is a hell of a drug...
No need to bring my personal life into this....
Old 07-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #75
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens66
MLB's issue where a TON of good players were in free agency after year three isn't a big issue?
Agreed, that issue was pretty large. SCEA actively communicated with the community and kept everybody in the loop, then dropped a patch within i believe 2 weeks of the problem being identified. Here's hoping EA has the same level of dedication.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #76
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
That $30 trade in towards Madden offer from Gamestop is sounding better and better with as many problems as this game has.
I'm sure Madden wil have it's share of issues as well.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #77
Rookie

Pheud's Arena

So I bought the game yesterday and I've played alot of games since. And guess what? I'm having fun. These "GAME KILLING OMGWTF" bugs don't bother me at all.

Hell, after playing NASCAR 2011 I'm just glad I have a competent sports game that can go more than 10 minutes without pissing on itself.

My message to all the complainers: Its a freaking game. Just have fun.

Go try to play Nascar for 20 minutes then come back to NCAA and you'll be able to look past alot of the things your complaining about. Appreciate what you have now, be thankful....it could be as bad as Nascar.

Lets go V-C-U!!(And to make it clear, I have been a VCU hoops fan since 2007...no bandwagon for me, thank you very much!)
Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #78
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheud
...it could be as bad as Nascar.
Yeah but its...NASCAR. How can you tell bad from more bad?

I don't even feel the urge to argue on the whole 'sports' argument right now. I just feel 'blah'...damn you EA!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #79
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

I can't believe anybody would shelve this game while you're waiting for the patch. Game plays phenomenally. I have great games week after week, i literally can't get enough. I've had a qb scramble all over me even though he was a 70 speed and was supposed to be a balanced qb, but he still made the game closer and i had fun the whole time. Of course i'd prefer this wasn't in the game and i look forward anxiously to the patch, but not playing this game? You are doing yourself a HUGE disservice.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #80
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Someone has never played FIFA...

But everyone in this thread is talking about how this game doesn't resemble real football... but the thing I keep bringing myself back to is.. Its not real football. Its a video game. I personally dont play a video game for the idea of playing football. You know what I do? I go play intramural football or go find a pickup game.

I challenge anyone here to find any sports game, scratch ANY game ever created, and look at it without any flaws, glitches or game play that needs patching right out of the box..

A few of the best games I have played that comes to mind are... Metal Gear Solid 4, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, FIFA 11. (There are more, just the ones I can remember right now or care to mention)

Now the thing with all these games is that, as great and glitch free as they were initially, If you looked hard enough, you could find flaws, and major bugs, that needed to be fixed.

I am not saying that NCAA 12 does not need to be tweaked or some of the AI needs readjusting, but what I am saying is that I cant stand it when people just find fault with every little aspect of the game (dirt on uniform, Linebackers jumping 15 ft in the air [If you look when they jump, they are lucky to have 30 inch vertical. Not very impressive for an athlete. Mine is 37])

But come on people. You are buying a simulation. If you want the real deal, watch on Saturdays or go play football with your friends.

Another example. When Ace Combat 6 comes out in October, you bet your *** I am going to buy it (its a fighter jet flight simulation) But its just that. Its a video game. So when I put it in and start flying an F-22 Raptor, I am not going to say, "oh that's unrealistic.. a jet cant make that fast /angle of a turn." or "That pilot would be passed out from he G force of the turn." Because its a VIDEO GAME. Which is exactly what NCAA football and Madden are. Video Games.
I have played FIFA and while some may think it's a great game, soccer in general just isn't my cup of tea. Your totally right, I can go out and play football in the backyard but when I want to sit down and play a football game that EA claims to be "Sim" I expect the damn game to play like it. Enough is enough already, these issues have been in these games for years and for them not to fix some of these issues are downright ridiculous. If I want arcade, I'll go play backbreaker vengeance which is actually a pretty cool game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »