Home

See you in a couple months NCAA!

This is a discussion on See you in a couple months NCAA! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: See you in a couple months NCAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
still no official comment from ea...just remember all the ncca 12 dev team members that came to OS forums and marketed the game to us 2-3 months age...
Their no vacation. Obviously like half of the planet they dont have a smartphone with web access , don't have twitter accounts , facebook or any other form of social media to get a statement out. The lack of any comment from them speaks volumes to me as a consumer. I will speak going foward with my money. The anger many feel sadly will change. When its time to start marketing NCAA 13, they will come on this site and and do what they do. We will will fall for it once again. They know it and you know I am saying it right. Those who are overly critical can look forward to being banned. I respect the position of the owners of this site but wish they would use their position to speak like movie critics. They do not hold back and could care less about the feelings of the producers of movies.

Last edited by Nakeja71; 07-23-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #58
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

My biggest issue is the game is just simply put unstable. The freezing issues are annoying as can be. While they do not affect me that often, when they do it comes at an aweful time.

Example, me and my brother are doing a Sun Belt dynasty. In the lasst week we took off autosave so my brother could sim a game and see if he won (We were both going sub .500 so I gave him a free sim). He, did. well we forgot to turn autosave back on. We got all the way through the preseason, which is like an hour with two people and then the game froze.

While there is a workaround (which is autosave) the game should still not crash or freeze. Gameplay bugs are one thing, but stability issues are killer and unforgivable, especially seeing as this is after the day one patch.

Other issues I have is Custom Playbooks has that odd glitch (found a workaround so no biggy) but also the inability to customize the order of your formations. Trying to run a Option-Power Run offense is annyoing when my two base formations (Flexbone and I-Form) are 5 formations away. That and for some reason I-Form Close is in its own catagory "in-game" but not in Custom Playbooks menu.

I'm not a fan of the inflated ratings either. I prefer ratings like FIFA, but then agian last year we saw how poorly this engine runs of lower ratings. I can live with this though.

Another huge gripe that others have mentioned is Coaching Progression. In my mind A+ is the elite of the elite of the elite. In this game it is whether or not you won conference last year. The feature seems designed for casual gamers who want immediate results.

This is a good game, and has fixed a lot of the issues with NCAA 11. It is not a re-sale game, but it needs refining. This in my opinion is one of the largest issues with modern day game programming and the 1 year cycle. Too many issues fly because of the ability to patch. Esentially making us beta testers, except the beta is the full game now.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #59
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
That sounds like good deal but i can't do it because i'm hoping in a month or two EA will straighten all this mess out and i can get back into this game.

If it takes them a month or two it's not a biggie because i was still playing and enjoying NCAA 11.

I'm definetly going to get Madden but i'd hate to trade in a game after i spent my $60 bucks.................

You should hang in their to because you might regret it later and have to buy the game all over again.
i feel what you're saying and what is even harder for me is that college football is my favorite sport/level. I love everything about college football, well almost everything (i'm looking at you BCS and corrupt/hypocritical NCAA). But the fans, the marching bands, the unique traditions & stadiums, variety of teams and new players you get.

So college football video games are what usually get most of my attention. Madden looks great this year although now i'm not getting my hopes up after what we got from NCAA so i'll probably just end up keeping NCAA and getting Madden as well. I'm interested to see which game i play more because last year was the 1st year i didn't buy Madden and the 4 years before that i would buy it, play it for 2 weeks then never touch it again because i didn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
still no official comment from ea...just remember all the ncca 12 dev team members that came to OS forums and marketed the game to us 2-3 months age...
yea what bothers me is having to listen and watch Ben on all of those videos talk about the same new features over and over again and then we get the game and those features don't even work. I really hope they have someone else be the hype man this year because i don't know if i can take listening to Ben anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
I don't think I've ever been this dissatisfied with an NCAA game. Just terrible all around.
Even when i try to look past the bugs & glitches in the gameplay something else pops up that annoys me.

Last night i'm trying to set up my dynasty, and of course you have the annoying issue where you can no longer just select 12 user teams right off the bat. Instead you have to go to coach info and create a new coach for the schools you want but when you do that it erases the coach's prestige they have set for the coaches and you end up with a D+. So Nick Saban might be an A but if ND is my 1st team i picked and i create a new coach to replace Saban he goes to a D+.

So then i decide to give RTG a try and you gotta deal with the name filter where i can't even create someone with the last name Riddick. Its like they did whatever they could to piss people off this year.

The game plays better on the field prepatch but if i want to use teambuilder i gotta get online so i gotta redownload the patch. As soon as i get over one thing and try to just ignore it, something else pops up that pisses me off.

I dont think ive ever been so disappointed in a game before. Even lousy Madden or NCAA games in the past havent annoyed me as much as this one because there are a lot of things that they just didn't bother updating or fixing. How can you release the teambuilder website and a month later still have an issue where the High School Stadium 2 is just a grey box???? We're going on a month and thats something people pointed out day 1 of the site release and nothing.

Add to that the lack of response from EA, and its enough to drive you nuts. Theyre on vacation? Seems like the testers were on vacation all year because the consumers have essentially become the testers.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #60
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakeja71
What makes you think Madden will not have similar issues?
Totally agree. Madden and NCAA play so similar minus all the option plays, that I have no doubt in my mind it will have the same issues that has plagued it for years. Unless we see some concrete evidence about it being fixed then I don't think I will be buying Madden for the first time since 2004 when the 2k series went under. I'll continue to play MLB The Show and wait for NBA 2k12 to come out, as those are the real sports games of this generation. *Puts a Heineken ontop of Mark Ingrams face*
Old 07-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
That $30 trade in towards Madden offer from Gamestop is sounding better and better with as many problems as this game has.
You'd actually be better off trading it on Amazon. $33 for Trade In on NCAA plus the $20 credit you get for buying it early. That means Madden (or any preoder game really) would only cost you 7 bucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #62
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
Totally agree. Madden and NCAA play so similar minus all the option plays, that I have no doubt in my mind it will have the same issues that has plagued it for years. Unless we see some concrete evidence about it being fixed then I don't think I will be buying Madden for the first time since 2004 when the 2k series went under. I'll continue to play MLB The Show and wait for NBA 2k12 to come out, as those are the real sports games of this generation. *Puts a Heineken ontop of Mark Ingrams face*
Someone has never played FIFA...

But everyone in this thread is talking about how this game doesn't resemble real football... but the thing I keep bringing myself back to is.. Its not real football. Its a video game. I personally dont play a video game for the idea of playing football. You know what I do? I go play intramural football or go find a pickup game.

I challenge anyone here to find any sports game, scratch ANY game ever created, and look at it without any flaws, glitches or game play that needs patching right out of the box..

A few of the best games I have played that comes to mind are... Metal Gear Solid 4, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, FIFA 11. (There are more, just the ones I can remember right now or care to mention)

Now the thing with all these games is that, as great and glitch free as they were initially, If you looked hard enough, you could find flaws, and major bugs, that needed to be fixed.

I am not saying that NCAA 12 does not need to be tweaked or some of the AI needs readjusting, but what I am saying is that I cant stand it when people just find fault with every little aspect of the game (dirt on uniform, Linebackers jumping 15 ft in the air [If you look when they jump, they are lucky to have 30 inch vertical. Not very impressive for an athlete. Mine is 37])

But come on people. You are buying a simulation. If you want the real deal, watch on Saturdays or go play football with your friends.

Another example. When Ace Combat 6 comes out in October, you bet your *** I am going to buy it (its a fighter jet flight simulation) But its just that. Its a video game. So when I put it in and start flying an F-22 Raptor, I am not going to say, "oh that's unrealistic.. a jet cant make that fast /angle of a turn." or "That pilot would be passed out from he G force of the turn." Because its a VIDEO GAME. Which is exactly what NCAA football and Madden are. Video Games.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #63
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Someone has never played FIFA...

But everyone in this thread is talking about how this game doesn't resemble real football... but the thing I keep bringing myself back to is.. Its not real football. Its a video game. I personally dont play a video game for the idea of playing football. You know what I do? I go play intramural football or go find a pickup game.
come on man this is so stupid. Its a video game yes but its suppose to be a simulation of real football. Dont try to act like the goal for EA isn't to make this game play as real as it can.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #64
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
come on man this is so stupid. Its a video game yes but its suppose to be a simulation of real football. Dont try to act like the goal for EA isn't to make this game play as real as it can.
I don't act, I hate Thespians.

And I never said that wasnt their goal. It should be and I believe is their goal. However, understand that you are basing a video game, which involves computers, lines of code, and digital imaging to look and be like a sport, which involves athleticism, working out, and intellect of the game.

Of course its going to be flawed.

Now I must say, I have found with this game that I can make it either extremely easy to pass/run or impossible hard to pass/run. And I have found the middle ground which feels right for me.

All I am saying is to have some perspective than to demand a perfect game right out of the box. And if the greatest games I have played (mentioned in the previous post) had their flaws, then I am not surprised NCAA 12 does. However it does not make the game unplayable what so ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »