Home

EA broke the BCS

This is a discussion on EA broke the BCS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA broke the BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzinc
Yeah but a 1 loss OSU or 2 loss Oregon that played a brutal schedule should go in ahead of a no loss Idaho that played mostly FCS teams.

All the major bowls were preset so Idaho conference teams couldn't play in any of them but of course the AI changed that.
Fair point but the polls have been a problem in NCAA so with this setup it doesn't surprise me.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #18
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

BCS is always going to be broken at least somewhat in EA games, but its not all their fault. Until the formula for the computer polls are known, its probably always going to be somewhat screwy anyway.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I'll take this over Alabama and Ohio State winning every single year.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #20
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzinc
Then why allow custom conferences in the first place if we can't expect realistic results. The whole point of custom conferences should be that we can redesign them and then still see realistic results!

That is a copout imo!
I believe the whole point of custom conferences is to have custom conferences. I don't remember realism being thrown around when it was being talked about pre release. I don't see how realism is supposed to bend to every single person's tampering. It's not even realistic to edit them in the first place...its also not realistic, for example, to have OSU and USC in the same conference, they're a thousand miles away from each other.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #21
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

Well if you Drastically change the landscape of college football like you did then teams like Idaho can win out their schedule and teams like Oregon are going to lose 2 or more games and are going to be left out and unbeaten teams are going to make it and don't complain that EA messed it up when it sounds like you did that yourself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #22
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Things like this happened all the time in NCAA 11. In my first 3 years of a Tulsa dynasty, Middle Tennessee State we undefeated to the National Championship in year 1, finished 3rd after a one loss season and then was back to normal during year 3.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #23
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I haven't seen anything like this and I've done a few years worth of testing for some other things.
My custom setup is tiered with the worst teams in the lowest conference but I still got the top teams in the title game.
Smallest conference I have is 7 so I wonder if it's due to the 4 team conference?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

You asked for it. And 7 FCS teams? No. They played 5 max Computer will rarely schedule more than 1 FCS out of conference game.

I've seen teams win that probably shouldn't, but it's a game. Big deal. Like I told the other guy who went crazy because a team got into the title game that he didn't think belonged and wanted to move to the Vegas bowl, play the game, make sure they lose. If it makes you feel better, do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »