Home

Heisman Level is a J-O-K-E!

This is a discussion on Heisman Level is a J-O-K-E! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2
Heisman Level is a J-O-K-E!

I dont see how ANYONE plays Heisman level on un-adjusted sliders. Every team plays WAAAYYY over there head and its like what ever bums you lead into battle still play like a mediocre high school in comparison. My team seems to play the same way whether its set on AA or Heisman, STILL not picking up the most simplest of blocks, STILL dropping 90% of passes. Its beyond ridiculous. As lame is it may sound if I had 3 wishes I do believe 1 of them would be to have a EA Producer sit down and justify this 'Garbage'.

I just set up a match to prove a point to myself.

Alabama vs Kent St

Alabama has the best line in the SEC if not the country, right!? (cant put up too much of an argument for that)

First drive of game Im running Dime 3-2-6 cover 2 Man with Safeties over the top - to there 3 receiver 2 back set.

NO P.A or anything 3rd play they go over the top for a TD. Why is that a problem. Well my safety alone is good enough to cover this receiver let alone my CB WITH safety help. <------ If that didnt happen all to often I wouldnt have a problem with it. I know bad teams beat good teams lol its why we watch the game, but its not that type of thing. Its like no matter who you are OR who your playing, the CPU on Heisman is better than you period!

Ok now MY 1st possession with Alabama. Its like our teams swapped ratings. The DB's are running the routes for my WR's. In's, out's, Hitch's, it DOES NOT matter. Slants and Drags will work sometimes, but half of those times contacts going to make your receiver drop it. I passed on all 4 downs and this happened. There 4-down D line will get through the best line in the SEC AT LEAST twice per 4 downs. You would think Id have more than 1.5secs at LEAST once a possession right? I mean after all Kent St DT's are 65 & 70 Overall - compared to - my LG (88) C(92) RG(91). But ratings mean nothing on Heisman level. Kent St DT's with 1 rip/swim move are right by my G like Im using a Div II school. Pinching the line works MAYBE once a possession. Its just ignorant. What is happening here would be equivalent to a mediocre College DT wrecking havoc on a NFL O-Line. Doesnt make sense and its so far from the truth you just have to call it Stupid.

Oh and 1 other thing Im sure EVERYONE has tried and loves. I passed the ball ( Bama - Kent St )
EVERY DOWN till my last possession in the 2nd qtr. All from the shotgun 1 back of some sort set. 2qtr like 1:45 on the clock. Im on my OWN 35 yrd line. 2nd & 8 I run a draw (still in shotgun) into a LB blitz. REALLY!? Up until THAT point they had run 0 blitz's ( why would they need to with 2 ndamukong suh's on there line). Needless to say that was ALLLLL I needed to see Point proved to myself - Heisman is a J-O-K-E

Anyone wanna try and make sense of this?

Ive been playing these college games since they started basically and been watch college AND pro ball for like 15 yrs.

So its not like " IDK what im talking about"

Let the comments gooooo lol

Last edited by Daniels2386; 07-23-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Heisman Level is a J-O-K-E!

Don't play on Heisman..
Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

That sounds like it's no fun at all. I have lost 1 game in two seasons on heisman in my dynasty, i feel like they made it too easy this year compared to years past. I keep bumping up sliders trying to get a challenge without throwing off the game balance, you could always do the reverse and bump them down until you find a sweet spot. Or play AA?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

So Bama's O-Line is as good as an NFL O-Line?

Plenty of players enjoy Heisman, I prefer Varsity/All American. It's really just personal preference. And watch a real game of football. QBs really only have 1-3 seconds before the pocket collapses.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

Try playing on AA if you can't handle Heisman is all I can say
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

I love heisman. I would say all american is a J-O-K-E.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

Quote:
Don't play on Heisman..
really captain obvious!? Wow thanks for being "that guy". Thanks for the input though )

Quote:
you could always do the reverse and bump them down until you find a sweet spot. Or play AA?
Im not saying I cant win. Im saying its joke and the unreal-ism isnt even football in my eyes. I may as well go play blitz or something lol

Quote:
So Bama's O-Line is as good as an NFL O-Line?
Ummm noooo, but its controversially the best O-line in the toughest Conference in the NCAA. I would say for the sake of THIS argument they will have more NFL ready players at the O-Line than Kent St's entire football team.

Quote:
And watch a real game of football
I watch alot of college football and purchase the NFL Sunday ticket.
I watch PLENTY of football, dont you worry about that

Quote:
QBs really only have 1-3 seconds before the pocket collapses
Not gonna really argue with that. But in this match-up wouldnt you agree with me that I should have the ladder on that time frame? 3secs is TWICE as long as the time Im getting. Doesnt sound like much I know, but in this case its the difference of me making this post. If I was getting what I should/realistically I wouldnt have a complaint. GO 'Golden Flashs' SMH lol
Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
really captain obvious!? Wow thanks for being "that guy". Thanks for the input though )

Im not saying I cant win. Im saying its joke and the unreal-ism isnt even football in my eyes. I may as well go play blitz or something lol

Ummm noooo, but its controversially the best O-line in the toughest Conference in the NCAA. I would say for the sake of THIS argument they will have more NFL ready players at the O-Line than Kent St's entire football team.

I watch alot of college football and purchase the NFL Sunday ticket.
I watch PLENTY of football, dont you worry about that

Not gonna really argue with that. But in this match-up wouldnt you agree with me that I should have the ladder on that time frame? 3secs is TWICE as long as the time Im getting. Doesnt sound like much I know, but in this case its the difference of me making this post. If I was getting what I should/realistically I wouldnt have a complaint. GO 'Golden Flashs' SMH lol
Yeah, really. You make a thread saying Heisman level is a joke, complaining about how the A.I. is at an advantage. You obviously want some sort of feedback on the situation.

The only thing you can really do is adjust sliders or not play on Heisman. I'm not sure what else you really want from people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »