Home

the passing game is ruining ncaa 12 for me

This is a discussion on the passing game is ruining ncaa 12 for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #17
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: the passing game is ruining ncaa 12 for me

The only problem Im having is with my qbs throwing too many ints. I rotate 2 qbs and threw 28 pics in a season. I suppose some of that could be bad decision making on my part but definately not 28 pics worth of bad decisions. Lol. I play on AA and use one of the slider settings recommended in a thread here. Since I went to those settings, my pass blocking, play action passing, and screen game is much improved over the default settings.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:02 AM   #18
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I turned the pass coverage for both myself and the CPU down to 25. They still jump routes etc but everything is a little looser so it feels like they're reacting and not pyschic. Although you'll still see that now and then.

As for pass protection, as an experiment I pumped it up to 100, then dropped it to 0. I have to say I don't notice THAT much difference. You see how the CPU seems to get forever to pass? That's because he stands in the pocket properly and isn't getting happy feet. If you work on this it'll help quite a bit. I still saw occasional defensive lineman break free for an easy sack on EVERY slider setting.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah they ruined the passing game and made the run game overpowered.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #20
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I understand you to the fullest my dude. I dont even throw the ball much anymore, which requires me to run 35 times a game and which causes the game to be boring.

The screens are busted, either the DE's sniff it out or the 98 speed 99 acceleration RB gets hawked down by a 300 pound DT. smh

The most unrealistic thing to me is when i have a receiver open on a 9 rought, I throw a deep high pass, the cornerback or safety that was guarding the WR from the other side of the field leaves his receiver, sprints to the open receiver and swats the ball down. Yes this can be fixed by throwing a bullet, but its about timing sometimes also.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #21
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

I agree with terrible pass blocking and broken screen plays. It seems every year there are plays that just don't work like play action last year and screens this year. It sucks that the solution is to not call those plays. I just played as Ohio St against Toledo and my 2 QBs were 3-13 passing, 5 sacks, no int's but their DBs dropped 2-3 easy picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #22
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

I had to change Pass Blocking and CPU Pass Rush to 100 and 0 respectively to get any semblance of proper blocking. It seems like a ludicrously radical step, but at least now my O-line is putting in an effort. Hell, I even saw my HB take the legs out from under a blitzing outside LB the other day. Now if only I could smack some sense into the guys blocking for me on punt returns.

The problem with the screen plays is the time they take to set up. You've got to pass the ball at the absolute last microsecond to complete it, just before the unblocked rush crushes your QB - and your QB will ALWAYS get crushed, whether you execute properly or not. Miss the window and the play is toast. Pull it off and it can go for a big gain.

Last edited by TeddyKGB; 08-07-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #23
Rookie

yep watch this video and tell me this isn't crap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1wxT3inOeI
Old 08-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #24
Rookie

1. do these happen to you
2. do they drive u crazy
3. have u found away to bypass any of them
4. is this slowly making this game unplayable to you

1. Every single game
2. Absolutely insane
3. Nope
4. Already traded it in

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »