Home

Silly BCS Rankings (Dyansty)

This is a discussion on Silly BCS Rankings (Dyansty) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Silly BCS Rankings (Dyansty)

Playing as Alabama. Went 12-1, with wins over #4 Oregon, #5 Oklahoma, #9 Ohio State, #12 Notre Dame, #8 Auburn, lost to #21 Ole Miss early in the season. Ended up winning SEC Championship game over #11 South Carolina.

Guess who gets to the big show? An undefeated Boise State and a 11-2 Wisconsin. Yeah, 11-2 and they get in. Wisconsin had only one ranked opponent at the end of their schedule and they lost to them yet still makes it into the BCS NCG. I'm sick and tired of this game. Anybody want to buy it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Rookie

DurtyLilPigBoi's Arena

Re: Silly BCS Rankings (Dyansty)

Cool Story Bro...
Old 07-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanLite
Playing as Alabama. Went 12-1, with wins over #4 Oregon, #5 Oklahoma, #9 Ohio State, #12 Notre Dame, #8 Auburn, lost to #21 Ole Miss early in the season. Ended up winning SEC Championship game over #11 South Carolina.

Guess who gets to the big show? An undefeated Boise State and a 11-2 Wisconsin. Yeah, 11-2 and they get in. Wisconsin had only one ranked opponent at the end of their schedule and they lost to them yet still makes it into the BCS NCG. I'm sick and tired of this game. Anybody want to buy it?
What week did you lose and to who? And who did Wisconsin lose to, and what week?

The BCS rankings are silly anyway, so the game portrays that best it can at times, obviously.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

Well the week should not not matter he was a 1 loss team with 3 wins over top 10 teams and 2 wins over top 15 teams and Wisconsin had 2 losses losing to the only ranked team they played there is no way they would get in in real life
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTE92
Well the week should not not matter he was a 1 loss team with 3 wins over top 10 teams and 2 wins over top 15 teams and Wisconsin had 2 losses losing to the only ranked team they played there is no way they would get in in real life
Wut...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
Rookie

This happened as well in the 2nd season of my dynasty. For my third season, I put Boise State, TCU, Florida State, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Oregon in the SEC conference. That way these guys will have to play me in the SEC Championship game, otherwise Boise State was getting #1 every year being undefeated and playing nobody.

I could deal with all the psychic DB pass coverage, the freezes, the WR dropped passes, the screen pass no-catch animation glitch, but I can't deal with Boise State being in the BCS championship game every year.

Last edited by CyanLite; 07-24-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredude02
Wut...
No way a one loss SEC team doesnt go to the big dance especially with 5 quality wins and get snubbed for a two loss Wisconsin team with no quality wins.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

You know what would really solve that whole problem of rankings? A playoff. IRL and in the game, but I'll be realistic and just say in the game I wish we could have a playoff system like in NCAA 2001 I think it was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »