Home

Oh My, Fundamentally Broken Game

This is a discussion on Oh My, Fundamentally Broken Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Oh My, Fundamentally Broken Game

First of all, this game has some pros, which have kept me playing this game for this long. The pros include coaching carousel, intros, and the revamped Road to Glory. However, there are way too many glaring issues in this game that overshadow the positives. I am a huge college football fan. This game is a major disappointment.

Most of the cons are in the actual gameplay itself. First of all, everything on Heisman is broken, so most of this is about All-American. However, on Heisman, CPU kickers try field goals from anywhere on the opponents' side of the ball. On AA, the CPU punts from as close as the opponents' 30-yard line. Next, intentional grounding and pass interference are NEVER called, and the CPU commits them on almost very play. The CPU QB will take 3 steps back and just chuck it into the 5th row and IG is not called.

Another major fundamental flaw is the option. The CPU QB will make a bunch of illegal forward pitches, but since that penalty isn't in the game, it isn't called. Then, whenever a pitch is fumbled or when a defender gets in the way of the pitch, it is called an incomplete pass. Say what? Therefore, every pitch in the game is forward, making every one past the LOS illegal.

Don't even get me started on the deep ball. Open all of the time. The only thing that stops it is a sack, which the animation for kicks in way too early. The defender is 3-5 yards away and the animation starts, killing the pass game.

Don't tell me to mess with sliders either. I shouldn't have to fix EA's AI for them. Sliders are an excuse to not fix the AI every year. I'm tired of games getting patched many times after release too. Get it right the first time.

Thank God I decided not to get rid of NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Flames24Rulz's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Oh My, Fundamentally Broken Game

The most frustrating thing about this franchise is that it seems to be regressing with each passing year on the next gen systems instead of improving.

The zone defense is absolutely broken in this game, as is the pass offense. In my dynasty with Illinois, I've just decided to run the ball about 35-40 times a game and throw when I absolutely have to. There's no point in working the pass game because it doesn't work unless you try to go deep every play.

The injuries are a joke too. This franchise went overboard with the concussions.

I'm still going to get my $60 out of this game before Madden comes out, but I definitely feel your pain. For somebody that has played every NCAA game since 2002, this year was a major letdown. Glitches, freezes, bad gameplay...at least the grass looks amazing though.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Oh My, Fundamentally Broken Game

Please use the Impressions threads.

Thanks
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »